Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2015, 05:08 PM

3 posts, read 3,847 times

Advertisements

Hello, my name is Mihai and I am looking for housing in Rehoboth. We are 2 students from Romania ( one boy and one girl, if the house is big i can speak with more 6 people which need housing) and we try to find a house. We are 20 from Romania and we will work (work and travel) at Sea Shell Shop. If anybody can help me with some advices it would be great . Thanck you, Mihai.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2015, 09:34 PM

2,048 posts, read 2,168,210 times
Hi Mihai,

Many young people come from Eastern Europe to work in Rehoboth Beach over the summer. I think usually the employer helps them find housing with other workers. Have you asked the Sea Shell Shop, or the agency that got you the job, for advice on housing? They have probably had a lot of young European workers over the years and could probably point you in the right direction.

You'll have fun this summer. Enjoy!

Old 06-03-2015, 12:16 AM

1,046 posts, read 1,267,205 times
You'll probably be using bicycles as your primary means of transportation. Please, PLEASE be very careful and read up on how to be safe riding a bike, especially after dark.

The Sea Shell Shop -- a GREAT place, by the way; lucky you to be working there! -- is on Route 1, also known as Coastal Highway. It's a VERY busy, multi-lane road, with lots of traffic lights and lots of turn lanes. In the U.S., especially outside major cities, we are not well-accustomed to sharing the road with bicyclists. Every summer in Rehoboth there are injuries when a car and a bicycle want to be in the same space at the same time. You really need to be very alert, because drivers are simply not expecting you to be there.

Old 06-03-2015, 06:06 AM

3 posts, read 3,847 times
Thanck you very much for your answers. My employer or agency do not help me to find a place where to stay. I will arrive on 1 june in Rehoboth and we stay until 10 octomber. I hope we will find something ...

Old 06-08-2015, 01:32 AM

4,902 posts, read 4,235,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocopsonite View Post
You'll probably be using bicycles as your primary means of transportation. Please, PLEASE be very careful and read up on how to be safe riding a bike, especially after dark.

The Sea Shell Shop -- a GREAT place, by the way; lucky you to be working there! -- is on Route 1, also known as Coastal Highway. It's a VERY busy, multi-lane road, with lots of traffic lights and lots of turn lanes. In the U.S., especially outside major cities, we are not well-accustomed to sharing the road with bicyclists. Every summer in Rehoboth there are injuries when a car and a bicycle want to be in the same space at the same time. You really need to be very alert, because drivers are simply not expecting you to be there.

UPDATE (Sat. 8 p.m.): State police now confirm that the bicyclist struck Friday night near the Rehoboth Food Lion has died of her injuries at Beebe Hospital. Police have identified her as Nadiia Misa, 19, of the Ukraine, presumably an exchange student. Police say she wore no helmet and the bicycle had no light.

Old 06-08-2015, 08:29 AM

1,916 posts, read 3,928,160 times
So sad.

Old 06-13-2015, 09:52 PM

1,046 posts, read 1,267,205 times
Oh, gosh, I missed this earlier. Just heart-breaking. That poor girl's family! Is there any assistance for them in a case like this? Can't be inexpensive to arrange for the return to Ukraine.

Old 06-14-2015, 07:47 AM

13,069 posts, read 18,236,246 times
Mihai, who is your sponsor and are you all from the same sponsor?. Please contact the sponsor and make them aware of your situation. Are you still home or are you already here? I work with the program and we have a critical housing shortage in the area. I sent you my phone number. Please contact your sponsor.

Old 06-14-2015, 08:15 AM

13,069 posts, read 18,236,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocopsonite View Post
Oh, gosh, I missed this earlier. Just heart-breaking. That poor girl's family! Is there any assistance for them in a case like this? Can't be inexpensive to arrange for the return to Ukraine.
I work (volunteer) with the program and yes, to say heart breaking doesn't fully explain the depth of it all. The young lady was crossing from Miller Road (Food Lion, if you are familiar) to the Walgreens side and was crossing against the light. She was hit in the middle lane and thrown. The driver stopped and the police were contacted. This poor man now has to live with this and he was faultless, as far as we have been told.

As for Nadiia, her sponsor has arranged everything for her family. A memorial service was held in Philly, per the wishes of her parents and then her body returned to the Ukraine. She had family in Philly and her parents and brother remain in Ukraine. The sponsor has paid for and arranged for grief counselors to be available for anyone who wishes the service. All her repatriation expenses have been covered by her sponsor.

A fund in her name has been established t the Community Bank Delaware. Checks should be made payable to Lewes-Rehoboth Association of Churches as follows:

LRAC FBO Nadiia Misa

Mailing address

Community Bank Delaware
Post Office 742
Lewes, DE 19958

All funds will be forwarded to her family

We have more bike safety training classes upcoming this week and another later in the month. Helmets are not a law in DE so that makes it even more difficult.

Old 06-14-2015, 10:26 PM

4,902 posts, read 4,235,316 times
[quote=nuts2uiam;40014484

We have more bike safety training classes upcoming this week and another later in the month. Helmets are not a law in DE so that makes it even more difficult.[/quote]
I apologize for getting off topic here. .Nuts if you have any influence on these training classes please have them stress the need for lights and reflective clothing after dark. Many of our roads have no street lights and students returning from work after dark are a danger to themselves and others if they can not be seen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
View detailed profiles of: