Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2015, 09:16 AM

3 posts, read 5,360 times

Advertisements

We are both still working but are starting to research where we would like to retire and recently found Heritage Shores in Bridgeville on the internet. Can someone tell me about the shopping & restaurants in the area as we don't want to have a long drive and be out in the middle of nowhere. Also wondering if people like or dislike the community. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2015, 01:09 PM

789 posts, read 1,095,339 times
Well Bridgeville is quite certainly in the middle of nowhere despite being on 13. And the subdivision is hardly half finished. Oh yeah, and enjoy frustratingly hellish afternoon and evening traffic 3 months of the year.

You are about 10 minutes from the Seaford Walmart though. Typical of a Sussex County subdivision though. If that's all you want out of an over-priced neighborhood go for it. I'm not convinced its a great place for anyone really. What are you looking for in DE and what is your budget? There are most definitely better locations.

Old 07-20-2015, 01:36 PM

374 posts, read 517,263 times
Hi LG2007. We visited Heritage Shores when we started looking for a place to retire about two years ago. The houses, community, and amenities all seemed very nice. Ultimately we wanted to be closer to the beach and shopping amenities, and also decided not to retire to a 55+ community.

Gathering opinions from these boards is an excellent way to begin to gather opinions on different locations, but I strongly recommend you make a list of several possible areas that interest you and visit them all. From there it is usually quite a lot easier to narrow down what works best for you.

Our first trip included looking at properties in Annapolis, Ocean City, and literally all of Delaware. For our second trip we focused on Sussex County. Our third trip was focused on areas relatively close to the beach. We fully expected making a fourth and maybe fifth trip as well, but were lucky enough to find and purchase a property that we loved on our third trip.

Your preferences may lead you to entirely different conclusions, but I believe the best course is to go and investigate different areas for yourself. It can be both exhausting and exhilarating, but I think picking a place to retire is a pretty important decision.

Best of luck!

Old 07-20-2015, 02:11 PM

153 posts, read 319,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LG2007 View Post
We are both still working but are starting to research where we would like to retire and recently found Heritage Shores in Bridgeville on the internet. Can someone tell me about the shopping & restaurants in the area as we don't want to have a long drive and be out in the middle of nowhere. Also wondering if people like or dislike the community. Thanks!
As several of the previous posters mentioned, it would help if you gave us as many details as you can about what you are looking for. With that said, there isn't much around the Bridgeville area,but some folks like that. It really depends on what you are looking for. I think their slogan is 'If you lived in Bridgeville, you'd be home by now'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware