Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2016, 02:11 AM

4,902 posts, read 4,246,113 times

Advertisements

Junction & Breakwater Trail To Undergo Repairs and Renovations | WGMD
Portions of the junction = breakwater trail will be closed for repair weekday and open weekends for 2 weeks. These are parts of the 15 mile trail connecting Cape Henlopen and Rehoboth Beach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2016, 04:16 AM

405 posts, read 681,301 times
That's ok by me. Of all the trails I have hiked in Delaware, the JBT is at the top of the list for my least-liked trails.
Here's why:
Too dang straight. You can see the bicycle-driven baby carriages coming from a mile away -literally!!
The surface is too hard as it's mostly stone-dust. Can be hard on the feet.
Every conveyance known to man except cars and horses, are allowed on it.
It's too wide to be called a trail; it's a road.
I am not knocking the folks I encountered on the JBT; they were nice enough ( the majority of them smile and responded in kind when I said 'howdy" and kept moving) except a few cyclists who took their half of the trail/road out of the middle and complained when I was not moving fast enough .
It's just that a trail to me is narrow, winding in places, noisy with the sounds of nature( not babies crying) and you don't have to park behind an outlet store to reach the trail-head.
To all who use the JBT and wont have daily access to it, I hope they get the chores on it done quickly so you can resume your routine. To those who have never have hiked, walked, ran, cycled or perambulated on it yet, dont let me scare you. I'm just picky about my trails.

Old 07-02-2016, 08:19 AM

1,916 posts, read 3,938,025 times
Yeah, JBT isn't tops on my list either but I do enjoy running it on occasion. I am forced to run there when DE Seashore Fresh Pond is closed for shotgun hunting a few weeks later in the year. However, it can be rough on the feet...I ran a half marathon there these past two Decembers and the rocks were scattered about. It's pretty good for a cycling loop though. We enjoy parking behind the outlets and riding our bikes into Lewes and back.

Old 07-02-2016, 09:10 AM

374 posts, read 521,745 times
We love the JBT trail for bicycling because it is a great connector between Lewes, Cape Henlopen, and Rehoboth Beach, three great biking destinations. Since we live near the trail, you can't beat biking straight from your garage to the beaches or downtown areas! Also love the new (paved) connector between Gills Neck and the bridge near downtown Lewes.

Appreciate the repairs...let's hope the weather cooperates, because biking is much more fun on weekdays!

Would agree that for hiking it wouldn't be the most picturesque walk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware