Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2016, 12:42 PM

2,709 posts, read 2,296,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
Little Queenie has much more sense!
Hope so!!!

We went looking today, and hooked up with other people, including the owner. Then we saw him!!! He came out of the woods north of Lake Forest Elementary School. He bolted across a large open field headed to Rt 12. Even with the owner calling, he would not stop. That dog is fast!!!

We decided to come around to the school. Two other cars showed up. After about 10 min, we saw him again. Along the edge of the woods. He saw us and ducked into the woods. I followed him in, while my wife and the other two girls spread out along the tree line. Armed with a package of hot dogs, this city boy went all Daniel Boone. I walked about 200 feet and saw him running about 50 feet away from me! I called his name, he stopped to look at me, and took off.

Other people were in the parking lot. One guy had also come close to him today, but he ran. Buck does not want to come to anyone it seems. Hopefully, he gets tired enough and slows down. I know I sure got tired!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2016, 04:18 PM

4,231 posts, read 15,469,149 times
He could be overwhelmed and stressed. I know when my got loose (2 hours), she was so skittish, we were bending down and calling her in soft happy tones, we even had a box of milk bones we were shaking gently to get her attention but she wanted no part of us (she was about 2 and we had her since she was a puppy). Other ppl were stopping too, trying to help (it was cold and dark and Halloween nite). We didn't want to run to her for fear of overwhelming her (she had no collar or harness on) and I went back to our house to get our other dog (her pal) and as I was leaving to go back, my husband walked in w/ her in his arms, what a huge relief. I don't recommend chasing after them but she was a 12 lb small dog and fortunately my husband could outrun her and got lucky - but it prob. would be different w/ a big dog. We never again turned out lights on at Halloween, it wasn't worth the hassle, she was small and I thought sure she'd be hit by a car. Why the trick or treaters never told us she got out, I don't know but she got a head start but it all worked out well in the end but I sure wouldn't want to go thru that again. Sure hope someone gets the GP soon, maybe going w/ fewer ppl and crouching / sitting down w/ tasty smelly treats (not Milkbones) would be tempting (even a small can of dog food as she's prob. hungry). Best wishes

Old 01-02-2017, 12:57 PM

4,902 posts, read 4,243,898 times
So??? Was the dog ever caught??

Old 01-02-2017, 07:25 PM

It doesn't appear so, I just googled it and nothing new came up. Hope he gets reunited w/ his owner soon.

Old 01-03-2017, 04:40 AM

405 posts, read 680,897 times
If they are still looking for it, the searchers should all have a tennis ball with them. If they see him, bounce the ball to get him interested, throw it a short distance( but not directly at him) and see what happens. It can't hurt to try.

Old 01-03-2017, 11:13 AM

4,902 posts, read 4,243,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete lynch View Post
If they are still looking for it, the searchers should all have a tennis ball with them. If they see him, bounce the ball to get him interested, throw it a short distance( but not directly at him) and see what happens. It can't hurt to try.
If it was one of my dogs simply opening the back door of the car and calling it would do the trick.

Old 01-05-2017, 03:10 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,450,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longneckone View Post
If it was one of my dogs simply opening the back door of the car and calling it would do the trick.
That works for my neighbors whenever their high-strung, energetic Jack Russell gets out.

Old 01-05-2017, 03:36 PM

The search continues. They created a facebook page, ' Bring Buck Home'.

Old 01-06-2017, 04:13 PM

Breaking news...They have Buck!!! He was found at walking on the sand at Bowers Beach, and apparently went up to someone who called to him. He must have finally been so tired and hungry, that he was done running.

Happened on Little Christmas!

Old 01-06-2017, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJoe View Post
Breaking news...They have Buck!!! He was found at walking on the sand at Bowers Beach, and apparently went up to someone who called to him. He must have finally been so tired and hungry, that he was done running.

Happened on Little Christmas!
Great news, thx for the super update!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware