Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2017, 03:56 PM

5 posts, read 4,148 times

Advertisements

Hello, my family and I are considering moving soon and I would like advice on family-friendly cities.Looking for low crime and many things to do and a place with many young families and/or neighborhoods.
Things also to consider would be economy, housing market , job availability in business administration or Human Resources ,schools, and weather.
Please if you can share with me your thoughts and opinions on a good place in the state to raise two young children and any other information you may have to share. We are also looking for somewhere that is more open minded as we are an interracial couple. Thanks!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2017, 07:21 AM

4,902 posts, read 4,246,113 times
OP you should take the time to read through the many threads on this exact subject. There is a goldmine of information on this form. I can not speak for the entire state but in my region of Lower Delaware no one really cares if you are an inter racial couple. I am not recomending this as a place for a young couple to relocate as there are few decent year around jobs.

Old 01-28-2017, 07:18 PM

15,953 posts, read 12,387,684 times
so far they also posted in the colorado, florida, and delaware forums.. quite a contrast of climates and cultures. Need more information about what you are looking for... a typical person would not want to live in South Dakota which is why it's low population, but it's a fine place to raise a family if you can get a decent job, and house price to income ratio is likely to be lower than in many areas of Colorado, Florida, and Delaware.

You are limited to Brookings and Sioux Falls, in my opinion.. though Rapid has the much better climate. One of the towns near to Sioux Falls such as Brandon would be a good choice. It's all in how much entertainment you really want and what type of climate you prefer. If I had a degree and could get a job anywhere in the country, to be honest I would not pick the great plains and would pick Colorado or Florida of your 4 choices. Here's another choice for you with a similar climate to Sioux Falls but much more wealth and amenities versus Sioux Falls.. my hometown county, in my opinion the best county in the state of WI.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ozaukee_County,_Wisconsin

Really though there are hundreds of "great" small cities and metro areas in the country from coast to coast.. the choice is really endless. If you're not stuck on nostalgia of your hometown.. take a road trip in a car and see what ya like.

3 of your 4 choices have a fairly low tax burden.

https://wallethub.com/edu/states-wit...-burden/20494/

Last edited by sholomar; 01-28-2017 at 07:29 PM..

Old 01-30-2017, 09:51 AM

1,493 posts, read 1,537,010 times
Might as well move to Florida right now. Get settled, start a new life. Most jobs don't pay much but lower costs all around. And lower costs are a good thing.

Everyone I know that goes there is very happy. Happy as clams..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware