Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2008, 08:56 PM

619 posts, read 2,199,770 times

Advertisements

I just wanted to take a moment to thank everyone for the great response to my questions regarding Delaware. My husband's job search has led me to many different state forums on city-data, so I've "been around" quite a bit these past few months. The people of Delaware, at least those posting here, have stood out as the most friendly and welcoming of the lot.

I'm sorry (and happy ) to say that our search has led us west to Denver, but I will always remember the folks on the Delaware board and your kindness.

Thank you!
Beth
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2008, 10:41 PM

4,231 posts, read 15,423,079 times
Thanks for the nice update - am sure you'll love Denver - and best wishes to you and your family on your upcoming move and in your new home there (feel free to come by and visit the forum once you unpack and get settled in).

Old 06-14-2008, 07:39 AM

699 posts, read 2,895,269 times
Wow.. DE or Denver, CO....Just about as opposite as you can get. My Brother lives there and it is a beautiful state. He misses the ocean though and so he enjoys it when he visits us. And we enjoy the contrast with the mountains around Red Rocks when we visit him. Last trip we took the Loveland Pass to the Continental Divide. It was magnificent! Good luck on your move. You'll love Denver.

u
Quote:
Originally Posted by mczabe View Post
I just wanted to take a moment to thank everyone for the great response to my questions regarding Delaware. My husband's job search has led me to many different state forums on city-data, so I've "been around" quite a bit these past few months. The people of Delaware, at least those posting here, have stood out as the most friendly and welcoming of the lot.

I'm sorry (and happy ) to say that our search has led us west to Denver, but I will always remember the folks on the Delaware board and your kindness.

Thank you!
Beth

Old 10-04-2009, 09:48 AM

12 posts, read 23,511 times
I am relatively new to this site and I mut say how impressed I am about the people on this site. My husband and I are looking for an over 55 development in the Dover area and if the people are half as nice as those on this site, we will be thrilled.

Old 10-04-2009, 09:57 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,043,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thank goodness View Post
I am relatively new to this site and I mut say how impressed I am about the people on this site. My husband and I are looking for an over 55 development in the Dover area and if the people are half as nice as those on this site, we will be thrilled.
I agree. My wife and I are planning our relocation and I think that everyone who currently contributes to the body of knowledge in the Delaware forum have been generous with their time and information. I've had opportunity to meet a few of the folks who contibute here and they are exactly what we had hoped we'd find in what will be our retirement state.

One quick piece of advice that I share with everyone. Ask everything! There is no such thing as a dumb question, so make sure you ask everything about everything before making your final decision. You might get some conflicting opinions, but the information you receive here will certainly be followed by your "checking it out" for yourself. Best of luck as your research develops.

Old 10-04-2009, 12:31 PM

16,199 posts, read 11,671,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thank goodness View Post

Hi Thank goodness......

Welcome to City Data Delaware

Check out he 55+ Thread for a list of 55+ communities. There are many to choose from and one made just for you.

WE moved from Philadelphia 3 years ago, planned for 2 years before that for the move.
Everytime we visited DE, we were amazed at how nice the people were. Walk in Wal mart......people smile and say hello.......don't even know them.
Never got that back in Philly.

De has many transplants from all over the country of all ages.

The 55+ people usually move here for lower taxes and do not have family around them so we are a very friendly lot.
Not sure where you are moving from but I"m sure you will find the taxes in DE a lot less than what you are paying.

Check out our other threads

55+ community
land verse lease thread.
Also the new one Summering started titled.....Other 55+ communities.

There is a host of information then come and visit and check out the communities for yourself.
First we narrowed them down to what we could afford then we came to visit all the ones we were interested in.
It was a tough decsion but alias...we found the one just made for us.

Good luck with your search.
Anything you need to know.........just ask.
many on these thread would be more than happy to answer you questions.

Old 10-05-2009, 06:45 AM

728 posts, read 1,782,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizamary View Post

De has many transplants from all over the country of all ages.
Salt Lake City transplant here! I love it here, well Sussex and Kent counties more...

Old 10-05-2009, 06:51 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,671,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raven302 View Post
Salt Lake City transplant here! I love it here, well Sussex and Kent counties more...

Welcome Raven and glad you love De. Guess it is much different than Salt lake city.
Would you care to share the difference.

Most of the people in my community are from out of state. We have them from
NJ, NY, PA, SD, FL and Maine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
View detailed profiles of: