Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2008, 06:59 PM

126 posts, read 341,728 times

Advertisements

For a new home were ready to leave Fl to be closer to our kids Can we get a home there in the 300,000 and we need to find a nice community with nice people like us were in our late 50's be we do love kids so family communities will work tks in advance .We are willing tolooking all over Maybe lewis I think it 's called
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2008, 08:19 PM

4,231 posts, read 15,434,642 times
Do a search for Lewes, you may get more info - and go on Moderator cut: real estate advertising link removed and put in your info (price, #bedrooms, #baths etc) and you can get an idea as far as what to expect. Noticed you also posted in the NJ forum, you'll likely get more value for your money in DE. JMO.

Last edited by christina0001; 07-25-2008 at 01:23 PM.. Reason: real estate advertising link removed

Old 07-23-2008, 11:08 PM

903 posts, read 3,508,187 times
Hi Sandyhair,

Welcome to the DE forum; and Honeycrisp gave you some excellent advise regarding Moderator cut: real estate advertising link removed. We learned quite a bit about the area last year when we first moved to the state.

You can also search this forum, once you have a better idea what part of the state you're interested in. As has been posted before, DE, even though it is small, is quite different in each county. The northernmost county (New Castle) is more metropolitan, while the southern county (Sussex) is a blend of "beachy" and "country". Kent County, in the middle, is a good blend of it all. A bit metro with Dover, yet some shore, and country as well.

Keep reading the previous posts, and ask what you don't find. Good luck with your search, and keep us posted.

Mary

Last edited by christina0001; 07-25-2008 at 01:36 PM.. Reason: real estate advertising link removed

Old 07-24-2008, 03:31 PM

9,730 posts, read 14,284,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SANDYHAIR View Post
For a new home were ready to leave Fl to be closer to our kids Can we get a home there in the 300,000 and we need to find a nice community with nice people like us were in our late 50's be we do love kids so family communities will work tks in advance .We are willing tolooking all over Maybe lewis I think it 's called
$300,000 will buy you a very nice house in Kent or Sussex County. The median price range in Kent County is much less than that.

Old 07-31-2008, 03:10 PM

126 posts, read 341,728 times
Thank you everyone were just starting to look for a retirement home were looking in Del, N.j and GA who knows where will wind up .tks again

Old 08-01-2008, 12:10 AM

903 posts, read 3,508,187 times
Hi Sandyhair,

On behalf of everyone in the thread, you're welcome! You didn't mention what state your kids are in, but I can already relate to wanting to be closer to them!

Just out of curiosity, I see you have DE and NJ listed, and then GA? Having moved to DE from the south, I don't know that I ever recalled hearing about GA being particularly good for retirement. I may be wrong, so please enlighten me (and anyone else who just has not asked).

Mary

Old 08-05-2008, 08:17 AM

699 posts, read 2,897,428 times
My son and his family live in the suburbs of Atlanta,GA. They are a young family and live in a beautiful area in Cobb County. The real estate taxes are more favorable then in PA and his inlaws also moved there and will be retiring in a couple of years. They are all quite happy with their decision to relocate to GA. The only downside is rush hour traffic. For a retiree, that shouldn't be a problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware