Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2008, 03:28 PM

79 posts, read 320,282 times

Advertisements

Hello,
My husband and I are both in our late 30's from Long Island, NY with 2 little girls and we were interested in buying a home in Middletown. We visited Middletown twice and we like the homes. Could anyone recommend a really good subdivision to move into. we would like a safe, kid friendly neighborhood with at leat .5 acres. There are so many subdivisions in Middletown, we don't know if there were some we should stay away from. Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2008, 06:12 PM

40 posts, read 168,613 times
i dont live in Middletown but from what ive read on this forum i dont think there are really any "bad" subdivisons in Middletown.

Old 02-03-2008, 10:01 AM

4 posts, read 14,579 times
My family is looking at possibly moving to DE in next year to two years. Would be interested in same info. Looking at Middletown as one of the places. Thank you

Old 02-03-2008, 05:57 PM

15 posts, read 54,005 times
There are good and bad subdivisions everywhere. I tell people check out neighborhoods in the morning and check them out at night. THings change at night and some strange folks come out at night. Get the info first hand, because you can't always depend on peoples advice. You have to see yourself. What you think is good might not be good to someone else. Bear De is also a great family oriented place to live. I am a mother of 2 kids and I love it here in Bear DE. I have been living here for 5 years and have not had any problems. Good luck with your search!

Old 02-07-2008, 08:33 AM

445 posts, read 1,436,005 times
Default Middletown Developments

Use of the word subdivision will bring snickers here (DE in general); local lingo is development. Now that we have that quirk out of the way, you should be fine with any development that meets your .5 acre lot requirement.

I've only lived in this area 1-1/2 yrs but can tell you two things I considered prior to buying our home. One was reviewing the proposed remake of Route 301 and the spur that will connect it to Route 1. Secondly, the retail developments at Route 299 and Route 301, on the west side of Middletown.

We opted for a development 3 miles east of Middletown and 1 mile from Odessa; a more country feel. Generally, lot sizes in several of the developments in this general area are closer to .33 acres. We are happy we chose east of Middletown.

If you consider Bear, DE, be warned Christiana School District is a financial mess right now. Appoquinimink School District is the preferred school district for home buyers seeking good public schools. Good luck on your search.

Old 02-12-2008, 02:20 PM

79 posts, read 320,282 times
jdoll,

Thank you very much for the information you provided. So far I like the homes that dr Horton are building in the development Shanon Cove. They offer at least .50 acre lots.
So far, everyone I speak to from Delaware only have positive things to say about the appoquinimick schood district and the people in the area seem so friendly.
I looking foward to making Middletown my home.

Old 07-24-2008, 12:00 PM

1 posts, read 4,075 times
Do some research on D.R Horton before you buy from them.

Old 07-28-2008, 09:03 AM

405 posts, read 1,375,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiaam View Post
Hello,
My husband and I are both in our late 30's from Long Island, NY with 2 little girls and we were interested in buying a home in Middletown. We visited Middletown twice and we like the homes. Could anyone recommend a really good subdivision to move into. we would like a safe, kid friendly neighborhood with at leat .5 acres. There are so many subdivisions in Middletown, we don't know if there were some we should stay away from. Any suggestions?
We just recently moved to Middletown, it will be hard to find developments that have at least .5 acres or more. If you do they are called premium lots and cost a lot more and tend to go quickly.

As far as bad developments, to stay away from, I would say it depends upon what your looking for, we stayed away from ones that are older than 10 yrs cause they look shabby and run down to us, like Misty Vale. They have some really nice newer ones that they are practically giving away with all the free options etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware