Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2008, 10:09 AM

16 posts, read 91,031 times

Advertisements

Hi,
Anyone have suggestions for nice areas to live outside Lewes/Rehobeth? I'm looking for a little more rural...lots of trees and nice communities. How is Milton? Any other areas I should look into? I want to be close to the beaches.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2008, 07:21 PM

903 posts, read 3,505,155 times
From what I've seen of Milton, it's very nice. Quaint little country town, as are many here in DE. Especially the further south in the state you go.

We have friends that live outside of Milton, in a neighborhood which is very convenient to Route 1. Lewes/Rehoboth/Cape Henelopen are very accessible from where they live. I'm sure there are other towns in the nearby area, and within easy reach of the beach. In fact, where we are (more central Kent County), we find the beach pretty convenient too. Just depends on how close is close to you.

Mary

Old 11-02-2017, 11:56 AM

1,916 posts, read 3,910,629 times
I'd also recommend Milton. It's a pretty nice town and has some really good events year round.

You also might check out some of the developments off route 9 near Harbeson or in Harbeson. It's a short drive to Lewes but more rural.

Old 11-02-2017, 05:02 PM

13,055 posts, read 18,102,621 times
There are parts of Millsboro that fit your description too, but Milton is a lovely little town.

Old 11-03-2017, 05:58 AM

1,916 posts, read 3,910,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thiesdrive View Post
Also, are there different routes to take - back country roads- when the summer vacation season starts? And does Sussex county have the common sense not to over develop, or has that boat sailed?
A friend of mine lives in Milton and seems to know some back roads to get around more easily. And oh yes...that ship has sailed as far as over development. It sailed a long time ago. However, Milton still doesn't have that "over developed tourist/weekender haven" feeling like my area (Ocean View) or Rehoboth/Lewes.

Old 11-03-2017, 06:24 AM

9,720 posts, read 14,257,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachliz View Post
A friend of mine lives in Milton and seems to know some back roads to get around more easily. And oh yes...that ship has sailed as far as over development. It sailed a long time ago. However, Milton still doesn't have that "over developed tourist/weekender haven" feeling like my area (Ocean View) or Rehoboth/Lewes.
It sailed in 1946 when I was 6 years old. I saw in begin.

Old 11-04-2017, 05:34 AM

13,055 posts, read 18,102,621 times
I was home this past week for a funeral and DH has a family member who has relocated to Houston and the very first words out of his parents mouth were "we went to visit and the traffic in Houston is CRAZY". I got a chuckle out of that because they are from Long Island and traffic was the first comment. I guess it is the same all over once over development starts traffic is the unintended consequence.

Old 11-04-2017, 06:10 AM

9,720 posts, read 14,257,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
I was home this past week for a funeral and DH has a family member who has relocated to Houston and the very first words out of his parents mouth were "we went to visit and the traffic in Houston is CRAZY". I got a chuckle out of that because they are from Long Island and traffic was the first comment. I guess it is the same all over once over development starts traffic is the unintended consequence.
I guess......but we're not chuckling, just
No turning back; it's a runaway train.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware