Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2009, 09:48 AM

8 posts, read 46,211 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are moving from NJ to Delaware early next year. We have been looking at Heron Bay in Lewes and Long Neck (Ryan Bldrs.) in Millsboro. Does anyone have any information about these communities? Could you suggest other communities in the area (no golf) with a reasonable price tag ($250,000)? It doesn't have to be 55+, but that could be an option.
Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2009, 06:55 PM

21 posts, read 54,963 times
Default Bay Pointe in Lewes

We recently purchased a Ryan home in Lewes in a community called Bay Pointe off Angola Beach Rd which is off Angola Rd near Millsboro..
It is a waterfront community on Herring Creek (which looks like a lake ) that leads to the bay.
It is a beautiful community. It has a pool and clubhouse but no golf
The prices start in the $250's. It is not a senior community but it has many people in their 50's. We are in our 50's and are also from NJ.We are living here part time now but hope to move here full time within the next year. You should check it out.

I also noticed a Ryan Homes community on Rt 24 called Hart's Landing where I believe the prices are less.

Good Luck with your search. We looked for 2 years and knew we found the right place when we discovered this development.

Old 12-14-2009, 07:34 PM

Thx for your reply ChrisAnn. Did Ryan build your home for you? If so, how did that work? I really like the area and your feedback is very helpful. Where in NJ are you from? We're from Hazlet. I've seen some articles about Millsboro being one of the cancer clusters in DE. Any thoughts on that? We are probably going to ignore it, esp. coming from NJ!! Thanks again!

Old 12-15-2009, 09:11 AM

Hi,Siszapzoo:

Yes, we bought a Ryan home and so far have been very pleased. We also like the area - the people are very friendly. I read the same articles about the cancer clusters. We are concerned but we agree with you about cancer in NJ so believe we have already lived in a cancer area.

We moved to Lewes from Jackson where we lived for 15 years but we lived in Middletown before moving to Jackson so we lived right near you.
If I can be of any help, please feel free to send me a direct message.
Good Luck!

Old 12-15-2009, 02:18 PM

Thanks ChrisAnn, I'm new at this so I'm not sure how to send you a direct message?
That's funny, my in-laws lived in Jackson and you were close in Middletown. I've been talking to a lot of people and I think Delaware is going to have a lot of NJ people down there.
Did you have any problems when Ryan was building your home? And how did you make out down there with all this rain? My mother is going into assisted living in Rehoboth Beach.
Thanks for your help.

Old 12-15-2009, 06:01 PM

We had very little problems with Ryan. We had built our home in Jackson and we had a lot more problems with getting the builder to take care of minor problems.
So far we have been pleased.
We did not have any problems with the rain. Bay Point is up pretty high. We actually have a full basement so we were worried. Most of Sussex county does not have basements (so I'm told),but in our developments certain lots can have basements.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware