Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 09:34 PM

1,092 posts, read 3,436,775 times

Advertisements

I actually carry disposable toothbrushes sometimes. You can use them anywhere and don't need to rinse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2013, 01:58 AM

64 posts, read 193,054 times
I think that they save tons of money that might have gone to a dentist.
I also think they are sparing themselves from suffering the pain that comes from cavities, tooth extractions, and root canals.

Old 05-13-2013, 03:14 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,022,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyDee View Post
I was just wondering what people think about coworkers brushing their teeth at work? I have a coworker who brushes her teeth after lunch and I have mixed feelings. On one hand ,I think she has good dental hygiene but it is also a public bathroom. What do you think?

I think you have way too much time on your hands at work and need to mind your own business.

There is nothing wrong with someone brushing their teeth at work...you should be brushing your teeth three times a day, anything less is just nasty.

Old 05-13-2013, 03:22 PM

582 posts, read 1,118,930 times
Have you ever had a root canal ? A root canal scared me straight; therefore, I am one of those people who carries a travel-size dental kit (toothbrush, toothpaste, floss, and a tongue scraper) in my purse because I like to brush, floss, and scrape after every meal, if possible. I also visit my dentist every 4 – 6 months, like clockwork.

My former co-workers used to tease me about brushing my teeth after lunch, but it was all in good fun. There were very few women on my floor, so the bathroom was usually spotless and extremely quiet.

In my very biased opinion, I think your co-worker should be applauded for having great dental hygiene .

Old 05-14-2013, 04:09 AM

3 posts, read 10,453 times
I brushed my teeth at work, even before having problems with one of my teeth (root canal treatment and eventually extraction and implant). Now I floss as well. At work we eat cakes at least once a day: it is considered very bad form to refuse. For example, my manager forced me to take 3 cheap biscuits (which I didn't even like) last Friday. As I was having a meeting with him the same day (he's threatening to sack me), I couldn't afford to antagonise him. So I 'swallow the pill', and then head to the bathroom to floss and brush my teeth. I don't rinse my mouth afterwards: apparently it is better as the toothpaste will remain in your mouth, and it means I don't have to 'spit' in the sink.
I get horrified looks from some colleagues (usually the ones who have the poorest personal hygiene) and compliments from others. I've spent so much money at the dentist over the past 18 months, and been through a lot of pain, I would d anything to avoid having cavities again in the future! I'm a tad worried about the efficiency of the brushing though: I had this cavity problem after starting to work in cake-eating offices, despite brushing my teeth; however, when a child, I seldom brushed my teeth, never ate cakes or sweets, and never had any cavities! I think the best practice would be steer clear of sugar, but it is not possible where I work: I already regularly run into trouble with my manager because I'm teetotal and he disapproves...

Old 05-14-2013, 04:37 AM

41,957 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
I assume she's brushing her teeth in a restroom, right? So I can't figure out what the problem is.
Exactly. I'm wondering why the OP thinks her co-workers' dental hygiene habits are any of her business.

Old 05-14-2013, 05:15 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,192,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyDee View Post
I was just wondering what people think about coworkers brushing their teeth at work? I have a coworker who brushes her teeth after lunch and I have mixed feelings. On one hand ,I think she has good dental hygiene but it is also a public bathroom. What do you think?
I think you need to get over it. Good gawd, she's brushing her teeth, not taking an enema!

Old 05-20-2016, 06:43 AM

1 posts, read 872 times
This is an odd situation. My husband works I a small office of seven other coworkers. He has no problem with someone using the bathroom sink to brush their teeth. It's the young woman who walks through and around everyone with a toothbrush stuck in her mouth brushing as she talks to others. Gross

Old 05-20-2016, 04:46 PM

5,273 posts, read 14,545,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose Davis View Post
This is an odd situation. My husband works I a small office of seven other coworkers. He has no problem with someone using the bathroom sink to brush their teeth. It's the young woman who walks through and around everyone with a toothbrush stuck in her mouth brushing as she talks to others. Gross
Uh, you do realize this thread is 3 years old, right?

Old 05-21-2016, 10:08 PM

1,656 posts, read 2,781,647 times
What do you guys think about people excreting feces out of their anus at work in the bathroom? How gross!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health