Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2013, 08:18 AM

2,634 posts, read 3,692,604 times

Advertisements

Has anyone had any work done south of the border, and can recommend a dentist/dental clinic? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2013, 08:22 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,702,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran66 View Post
Has anyone had any work done south of the border, and can recommend a dentist/dental clinic? Thanks.
I have not, but when we lived just south of Albuquerque we had a lot of friends that did use the Mexican dentists and were very happy. The other side of the coin, we had 2 friends that had complications: when this happens you can be out of luck, they may or may not stand by their work and you have to make the trip back across the border. I just never wanted to take the chance.

Old 09-26-2013, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I have not, but when we lived just south of Albuquerque we had a lot of friends that did use the Mexican dentists and were very happy. The other side of the coin, we had 2 friends that had complications: when this happens you can be out of luck, they may or may not stand by their work and you have to make the trip back across the border. I just never wanted to take the chance.
Well, I'm close enough to the border that it's worth it for me. I need a lot of work done, and I'd rather page $2500 there than $10000 here.

Old 09-27-2013, 05:53 PM

531 posts, read 758,314 times
google mexico dental

Old 09-28-2013, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k81689 View Post
google mexico dental

I asked if someone would RECOMMEND A DENTIST OR CLINIC.

Old 10-01-2013, 12:42 PM

5,273 posts, read 14,541,151 times
Quote:
I asked if someone would RECOMMEND A DENTIST OR CLINIC.
No disrespect intended, but I am not going to ever take a chance on having dental work done south of the border where lack of training and sterilization is a very real concern.

That said, I might try and find a US doctor who practices in both the USA and Mexico as at least their training level and knowledge of sterile dentistry is better. You might be able to use Google to find such a doctor and I have heard of them.

Best of luck.

Old 10-01-2013, 07:22 PM

2,919 posts, read 5,950,240 times
The only people that go over for dental work are the blissfully ignorant Winter Texans who infest the border here annually.
Mexicans don't even go to border cities anymore.

Old 10-03-2013, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZER PROPHET View Post
No disrespect intended, but I am not going to ever take a chance on having dental work done south of the border where lack of training and sterilization is a very real concern.

That said, I might try and find a US doctor who practices in both the USA and Mexico as at least their training level and knowledge of sterile dentistry is better. You might be able to use Google to find such a doctor and I have heard of them.

Best of luck.
I think you could do with a hefty dose of research on how medical care and dental care in foreign countries are better than here.

While I would never say that Mexico has better dental practices than The US, I know their practices are just as good. That's not even an issue. They are just as well trained -- some of them even went to dental school in the states -- and their sterilization procedures are the same.

Wanna talk about how all those patients got Hep C from that dentist in Oklahoma (which, by the way, is not in Mexico).

Old 10-03-2013, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellpaso View Post
The only people that go over for dental work are the blissfully ignorant Winter Texans who infest the border here annually.
Mexicans don't even go to border cities anymore.
Where do you guys come up with this absolutely wrong, ignorant information??

Just for one example: so many San Diegans are going to TJ for dental work and glasses and hearing aides that those businesses in TJ is booming. One popular dental clinic just built a major expansion.

Old 10-07-2013, 07:21 AM

5,273 posts, read 14,541,151 times
Quote:
I think you could do with a hefty dose of research on how medical care and dental care in foreign countries are better than here.

While I would never say that Mexico has better dental practices than The US, I know their practices are just as good. That's not even an issue. They are just as well trained -- some of them even went to dental school in the states -- and their sterilization procedures are the same.

Wanna talk about how all those patients got Hep C from that dentist in Oklahoma (which, by the way, is not in Mexico).
Well, this is what I do for a living and my 13,000+ claims tell me something substantially different.

Best of luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health