Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2015, 12:09 AM

2 posts, read 5,954 times

Advertisements

i have a spacer i broke an adult tooth in the back Ive noticed teeth move fast to fill a gap Ive gone 1 day with out putting it in and it get really hard to put back in so i recommend do it as fast as you can if you wait to long the measurements the dentist has right now would be wrong thou they can grind away at it to make it fit i wouldn't wait a month thou maybe 2 weeks max recently broke mine and i am really scrambling for time because i don't want the teeth to move too much
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2015, 12:19 AM

2 posts, read 5,954 times
i really don't understand why it cost so much its just a small plastic piece like a quarter the size of a retainer that probably costs only 30$ to make if computer manufacturers can build cheep parts with materials more expensive than what any spacer is made from and sell it for as little as 30$ why the hell do spacers cost 500$ you know what 500$ can buy ... a phone a gtx 970 graphics card a tv the list go's on and on ... now if some one can tell me why i can buy a full computer with what i paid for this small plastic piece go ahead and make my day

Old 08-03-2015, 05:48 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,277,885 times
If she is definitely going to need braces, it seems to me that waiting for a tooth to grow in would not add $500 worth of orthodontic treatment in the future.

But I'm not an ortho. And I'm biased to spacers since my mom was talked into one in hopes to avoid braces and yet I needed them anyways. Getting my teeth pulled to get a spacer was a ridiculous scam on my pedi dentist's part. It's obvious to anyone with a basic knowledge of physics that getting your 2 front teeth pulled and then putting in a spacer will merely thrust the growing teeth fwd. This was billed to my mom's insurance. She had excellent insurance that was taken full advantage of to the penny.

Old 08-03-2015, 07:33 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,783,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzaparty9 View Post
i really don't understand why it cost so much its just a small plastic piece like a quarter the size of a retainer that probably costs only 30$ to make if computer manufacturers can build cheep parts with materials more expensive than what any spacer is made from and sell it for as little as 30$ why the hell do spacers cost 500$ you know what 500$ can buy ... a phone a gtx 970 graphics card a tv the list go's on and on ... now if some one can tell me why i can buy a full computer with what i paid for this small plastic piece go ahead and make my day
You're starting from a false premise. It doesn't cost only $30 to make.
This isn't meant to be rude, but you're making an illogical comparison. Computers aren't people, and computer components aren't dental devices, and dentists aren't computer manufacturers. Computers don't need to make an appointment to get a component added to them, and computer technicians don't need an advanced medical degree to place a component onto a motherboard.

Last edited by AnonChick; 08-03-2015 at 08:08 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health