Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2013, 03:30 PM

933 posts, read 1,478,687 times

Advertisements

I had all four wisdom teeth removed today. Although I was super nervous, they just put some iv in me and I went to sleep and was fine. When I was done the doctor said I had very minimal bleeding. Is this a good or bad thing? Will my healing take longer or shorter?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2013, 05:31 PM

1,248 posts, read 2,167,566 times
Why didn't you ask your doctor these questions? Minimal bleeding is good, and how fast you heal differs from person to person. It took me almost two weeks and my husband three days.

Old 12-23-2013, 05:44 PM

15,145 posts, read 27,800,655 times
did you read and/or post in the Dental Forum?

Old 12-24-2013, 02:33 AM

32,944 posts, read 36,386,492 times
Minimal bleeding is good. If you're fairly young and in good health, you should heal fairly quickly.

Enjoy your scrambled eggs and soup.

Old 12-24-2013, 07:21 AM

933 posts, read 1,478,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
did you read and/or post in the Dental Forum?
Well that was rude. I didn't even realize there was a dental forum and I think I would get a faster response here.

Old 12-24-2013, 03:11 PM

98 posts, read 543,889 times
Should be good to go depending on a few variables. Avoid smoking, sucking through a straw and vigorous rinsing & spitting with your cheek muscles for the next few days.

Old 04-07-2014, 02:19 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,716,602 times
I had 4 wisdom teeth removed last Friday and I want to post about it for the historical documents to benefit mankind (and womankind too) . the price was $1,860.

so I sit down in the chair and they start injecting in a vein in my left arm. I wasn't watching, but I guess they were giving me the general anesthesia. I must have fell asleep suddenly, because I don't remember anything after that until them waking me up. they took me to a room, talked to me and my wife (I remember nothing of what was said) and we left.

so my lower lip was numb until the evening that day. the most annoying part was the gauze I kept in the corners of my mouth to soak up the blood. but I took those out within a couple of hours after the surgery. that day, I ate a couple of bowls of cornmeal porridge, a campbells bisque soup and even some ice cream. I didn't really have much pain, you could tell the actual areas were super sore but without touching them it was a mild nuisance.

the next day, I made another cornmeal porridge for breakfast. later, we went to IHOP for "lunch" and I had a cheese omelette and pancakes. I was able to eat pretty normally, favored my left side and couldn't open my mouth fully. I had some chunky soup for dinner. I also ate more ice cream.

day 3 I ate normally. pancake for breakfast, grilled shrimp and steak Mexican bowl for lunch with chips & salsa, tacos for dinner. I made the tacos too big and it was hard for me to get my mouth around them, so a little messy.

each night I slept fine, I took 1 vicodin before bed. I couldn't really tell if it did anything, but I don't want to lose sleep. there was minimal swelling on day 2 & 3 but you could barely notice it.

I am taking amoxicillin, methylprednisione and squirting water in my mouth to make sure food particles don't stick in the spots. I also do saltwater rinses.

Old 04-16-2014, 03:09 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,112,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
I had 4 wisdom teeth removed last Friday and I want to post about it for the historical documents to benefit mankind (and womankind too) . the price was $1,860.

so I sit down in the chair and they start injecting in a vein in my left arm. I wasn't watching, but I guess they were giving me the general anesthesia. I must have fell asleep suddenly, because I don't remember anything after that until them waking me up. they took me to a room, talked to me and my wife (I remember nothing of what was said) and we left.

so my lower lip was numb until the evening that day. the most annoying part was the gauze I kept in the corners of my mouth to soak up the blood. but I took those out within a couple of hours after the surgery. that day, I ate a couple of bowls of cornmeal porridge, a campbells bisque soup and even some ice cream. I didn't really have much pain, you could tell the actual areas were super sore but without touching them it was a mild nuisance.

the next day, I made another cornmeal porridge for breakfast. later, we went to IHOP for "lunch" and I had a cheese omelette and pancakes. I was able to eat pretty normally, favored my left side and couldn't open my mouth fully. I had some chunky soup for dinner. I also ate more ice cream.

day 3 I ate normally. pancake for breakfast, grilled shrimp and steak Mexican bowl for lunch with chips & salsa, tacos for dinner. I made the tacos too big and it was hard for me to get my mouth around them, so a little messy.

each night I slept fine, I took 1 vicodin before bed. I couldn't really tell if it did anything, but I don't want to lose sleep. there was minimal swelling on day 2 & 3 but you could barely notice it.

I am taking amoxicillin, methylprednisione and squirting water in my mouth to make sure food particles don't stick in the spots. I also do saltwater rinses.
Almost 2K? Yikes. I need mine done. Doesn't insurance cover some of it?

Old 04-16-2014, 06:44 PM

2,084 posts, read 2,623,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post

Cool story lol. Nah, seems like you're doing well. I only took half a vicodin when I got mine out and it didn't even do anything. I had the soreness you were talking about. It's like you know there are gaping holes back there but you can't touch them!

They put me on nitrous oxide before the IV because I was nervous. I had never been under general anesthesia before. I got pretty loopy, and loved the feeling really, and said some silly stuff to my oral surgeon. Then my did the IV and I was out. I woke up to my dad constantly asking me if I was going to cry because my face was numb and I guess I was frowning (I couldn't tell though).

The bottom teeth are the worst to have out. Rinse after every single time you eat, like you seem to be doing. The absolute worst thing is to have dry sockets. I have heard many horror stories from my friends, who mostly had their wisdom teeth out around the age of 18. They'd just not do anything the dentist said and then they had dry sockets.

I swished around water in my mouth after I ate for about a week. Then I used the saline syringe for a few weeks until the holes closed up. It was annoying but after the first day or so, I didn't have any pain, and no dry sockets!

Another thing is to NOT use straws. The sucking motion will pull out the stitches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
Almost 2K? Yikes. I need mine done. Doesn't insurance cover some of it?
My parents paid for it (yay) but I do think they only had to pay a grand or so. I got general anesthesia too so I don't know if that cost them more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health