Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2014, 07:24 PM

1 posts, read 1,127 times

Advertisements

Hi. I had a surgery and when I was intubated the doctor fractured two molars and my torus on one side. I am still in litigation after a year. No dice so far, and the unfortunate thing is that I am left with two molars missing lower right; one molar missing lower left. My upper molars have exploded on the right. I can barely chew. I need to have three implants and my upper right exploded teeth must be shaved down and crowned to fit my lower right (to be implanted) teeth. These procedures will run $16000. I don't have good credit. I am losing my teeth. I was accepted by cosmetic dentistry grants, but don't live in the area. Should this whole thing be less money? And how come I can't get a partial (for the missing three teeth) meanwhile? My torus on the left is not so bad. Such a crummy situation. Any thoughts, anybody??

Thanks!!

snapsnap12
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2014, 03:23 AM

1,656 posts, read 2,782,527 times
Sorry to hear about all you're going through. A partial generally cannot be made when the torus is in the way. The tori have to be removed to make room for the metal bar portion of the partial which connects all the teeth together on the partial. For the price you mentioned (although it varies in different parts of the country) that sounds about right for 3 implants, 3 implant crowns, and 2 regular crowns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health