Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2014, 02:48 PM

11 posts, read 31,687 times

Advertisements

Hello !
(First of all, I gotta say this is really difficult for me talk about that, and I also know there already are threads about tonsils stones)
I suffer from bad breath, I've been aware of this for quite a long time (at least 4 years) but I only dicovered that it came from my tonsils a few months ago.
I've always had trouble when it comes to self-confidence and all, but I must say it got a lot worse when my suspicions about having bad breath came true...I now hate myself, and despise myself, I think I'm filthy and have now lost the little self-esteem I may have had.
I decided a few months ago that I couldn't go to school anymore because I simply didn't want to subject the others to my bad breath: disguting myself is enough. My parents then sent me to see a shrink, and it turned out, to my parents' astonishment, that I was severely depressed, the skrink questionned me, and i spent hours there, but i've never been able to talk about my bad breath, I felt kinda stupid.
But then I looked on the net and realized that this trouble concerns quite a few people. Unfortunately I don't trust anyone. I don't want to talk about this with my bestfriend, and my parents already have so many troubles to deal with that they are just gonna laugh at the triviality of my own troubles. So I'm now more than ever all alone and feel more depressed than ever. At the same time I'm still fighting and try to have the opportunity to have free-bad-breath-life.
I'm 16 and I don't know who to turn to, I'm lost and have dark thoughts, but at the same time I have hope to be able to get pass that, otherwise I wouldn't be posting a message. I know I can do this, I've had accutane, and am now able to live with a depressive mother, and depressive brothers. However I know that this is my last resort, I do not want to go on living if I can't get rid of my tonsils.(Like the shrink told me, "living without speaking to others is not life, Life means going out not staying alone")

I've always felt like I could handle everything on my own, because I want to be strong, but i now realized that has gotten me nowhere and i'm here to say: I need your advice ! Who would you turn to? What would you do? Would it be possible to remove my tonsils? (I'm so lost )

Thanks by advance !

Ps: Sorry for my english, I'm just learning this langage and felt it was a lot easier to confide in you in an other langage than my native one (it hurts a bit less in english, perhaps because the same way I tend to be ruder in english, I'm not entirely aware of what I'm saying )
Ps 2: I don't know if i can post this here, sorry (depression goes into "mental health" so...)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2014, 02:51 PM

34,090 posts, read 82,988,469 times
Go to a dentist.
Determine the root cause then deal with it.

Old 12-21-2014, 02:59 PM

In times like this I feel worse, but thanks for your quick answer

Old 12-21-2014, 03:01 PM

these*

[And your name, MrRational, suits you]

Old 12-21-2014, 03:58 PM

3,046 posts, read 4,127,634 times
It could be all sort of things. Go see your doctor it could be your stomach problems. Your mouth is not always the cause of bad breath.

Old 12-21-2014, 04:19 PM

Oh I hadn't thought of that [Because I swear I try my best to suppress this trouble: I brush my teeth and my tongue, floss, I also use mouthwash.....] That means I'll have to talk to someone eventually

Thank you !

Old 12-21-2014, 04:20 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,310,364 times
There are people walking around with cancer/rotting flesh who are just happy to still be alive! They would give anything to trade places with a pretty healthy (except for tonsils) young person!

Count your blessings, and count the time until you are old enough to address the problem yourself in adulthood.

If your parents will take you to a doctor and the doctor offers surgery, then problem solved. Right?

Many many people would exchange places with you! Bad breath really isn't the end of the world. It's just very unpleasant for you and others. Unlike terminal cancer, it usually can be corrected at some point.

Cut yourself some slack. Stop being so hard on yourself!!!!

Old 12-21-2014, 04:25 PM

Oh, I hadn't thought of that (because I swear I do my best in order to have a dental health as perfect as possible, and that enrages and despairs me to see it changes nothing)
Thank you !

Old 12-21-2014, 04:37 PM

You're right Pricklejuice, that makes me hate myself even more, I actually blame myself for complaining about sth that is seen as trivial as this (this is how i would see it if I didn't have to live with it, but I can't help it, it hurts me :/)

Just a few months left (13).
That's what I'm hoping for, but dealing with depression is tough, I need to hear people like you when I'm down, otherwise I'm overwhelmed by negative feelings.

Thank you too

Old 12-21-2014, 06:15 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,310,364 times
No doubt you're suffering, but it can be fixed!

Keep that in mind and have hope.

There's a lot of hope for you and your situation you find yourself in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health