Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2015, 06:18 AM

27 posts, read 108,834 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by minicooper View Post
Let me know if you have any other questions.
Sure, I have a whole bunch of them. Let's start with this: Are you a certified prosthodontist?

Quote:
I am a dentist and have fabricated many dentures.
Charlotte, NC Dentist - Promenade Center for Dentistry - General Dentist
In school we were taught that dentures are a replacement for no teeth. Not teeth.
Is that why you don't even offer them on your web site? Am I missing something?
Dental Services - General and Cosmetic Dentistry from Promenade Center for Dentistry

Quote:
With dentures, especially when transitioning into immediate dentures. Difficulty in eating and speaking will be expected.
Difficulty? How about zero suction and stability? My gums are already healed, but they get sore after wearing dentures for more than one hour. That kind of discomfort isn't something one is supposed to get used to.

Quote:
Sometimes what we can do is do a soft reline while your tissue is healing. That will enhance retention and comfort.
And what are the ingredients in that powder that you use to make soft relines? Let's have that, so people can see exactly what you are making them swallow for weeks every time they eat or drink.

Quote:
...Eating and speaking with dentures will not be like natural teeth, not even close.
It's that, pray tell, what you told all the people before you "fabricated" many dentures for them? If I contacted one of your dentures' clients, will they they tell me that that's exactly what you told them?

Quote:
But with the advances in dentistry, implants are becoming more popular. Especially in the cases of lower dentures, where the fit and function is almost always dismal. Two implants on the bottom works wonder for lower dentures. And for those who want the closest thing to a natural set of teeth. Multiple units of implants can be placed and a fixed (non-removable) set of teeth can be placed.
Right, you know that dental implants are the best solution, but you still "fabricate" dentures that you know "don't even come close" to natural teeth....

Old 07-14-2015, 06:31 AM

969 posts, read 2,851,220 times
Quote:
But with the advances in dentistry, implants are becoming more popular. Especially in the cases of lower dentures, where the fit and function is almost always dismal. Two implants on the bottom works wonder for lower dentures. And for those who want the closest thing to a natural set of teeth. Multiple units of implants can be placed and a fixed (non-removable) set of teeth can be placed.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Charlotte, NC Dentist - Promenade Center for Dentistry - General Dentist
What is the expected cost for these implants that are becoming more popular?

My Mom - who is in her 80's - was recently fitted with implants - at a cost of over $8000.00.

She is happy with the result - I am happy she had the ability to cover the cost. All are not so fortunate.

Old 07-14-2015, 06:37 AM

6,292 posts, read 10,592,094 times
How can you go for breach of contract if there was no contract to breach? Also if you had teeth pulled I'd think pain and an inability to chew/eat is common. I remember my grandmother getting dentures and they hurt after because your body has to get used to them.

Old 07-14-2015, 09:19 AM

27 posts, read 108,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazkat9696 View Post
How can you go for breach of contract if there was no contract to breach?
This question was also asked by someone who was trolling this thread and whose posts were deleted, so that's why you didn't see the answer.

You don't need a 'formal contract' to sue for "breach of contract". Ever heard of a verbal contract agreement? The doctor has to convince the judge that I am liar and that I agreed to pay almost $4,000 to have a set of useless dentures made. That I knew I had to come back and pay for new dentures if I wanted to have functional dentures, etc, etc. All which would only be a big BS on his part.

I am not worried about who will prevail before the judge one iota, as the burden of proof is on the side of the doctor or his clinic, not mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazkat9696 View Post
Also if you had teeth pulled I'd think pain and an inability to chew/eat is common. I remember my grandmother getting dentures and they hurt after because your body has to get used to them.
Everybody goes thru some pain and getting used to it. That's not the issue. But you can't get used to ill fitting dentures, EVER!!

Old 07-14-2015, 01:01 PM

629 posts, read 932,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeplesstoo View Post
This question was also asked by someone who was trolling this thread and whose posts were deleted, so that's why you didn't see the answer.

You don't need a 'formal contract' to sue for "breach of contract". Ever heard of a verbal contract agreement? The doctor has to convince the judge that I am liar and that I agreed to pay almost $4,000 to have a set of useless dentures made. That I knew I had to come back and pay for new dentures if I wanted to have functional dentures, etc, etc. All which would only be a big BS on his part.

I am not worried about who will prevail before the judge one iota, as the burden of proof is on the side of the doctor or his clinic, not mine.

If the doctor/staff have well-documented notes in your chart from their conversations with you (i.e. "Patient is here for _______, was informed that ________ may occur as a result of treatment, was recommended to ________, was given the opportunity to ask questions, etc. etc.) then that is their proof and the burden will now be on you to prove they are lying and never told you anything to the contrary.

Old 07-14-2015, 01:21 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,967,439 times
Quote:
Sure, I have a whole bunch of them. Let's start with this: Are you a certified prosthodontist?

Is that why you don't even offer them on your web site? Am I missing something?
Dental Services - General and Cosmetic Dentistry from Promenade Center for Dentistry

Difficulty? How about zero suction and stability? My gums are already healed, but they get sore after wearing dentures for more than one hour. That kind of discomfort isn't something one is supposed to get used to.

And what are the ingredients in that powder that you use to make soft relines? Let's have that, so people can see exactly what you are making them swallow for weeks every time they eat or drink.

It's that, pray tell, what you told all the people before you "fabricated" many dentures for them? If I contacted one of your dentures' clients, will they they tell me that that's exactly what you told them?

Right, you know that dental implants are the best solution, but you still "fabricate" dentures that you know "don't even come close" to natural teeth....
Wow, the one person that tries to answer your questions, in a manner that is more kind than you deserve, is attacked.

Old 07-14-2015, 03:09 PM

11,157 posts, read 7,952,361 times
Quote:
He won't even consider it. He has made many justifications in his mind and now that he realizes the dentures don't function, he wants to shift the liability on me. He refuses to do the dentures over and get it right. He thinks that I am dumb, and that I won't probably pay to hire a lawyer (which interestingly enough, it's what most of the other dentists here think one needs to do). He also probably thinks that, even if I didn't have one, I wouldn't know how to file the papers or deliver court-drafted summons to his clinic.

Well, he doesn't know what he's got coming. Maybe I should send him a link to this thread, then perhaps he will think twice about it rather than opting to call his lawyer on retainer to prepare a defense case for the clinic. But, I am more inclined not to waste my time trying to make him redo the work and go directly to court.

There is little to no doubt that I will prevail in court. Even if the dental extraction disclaimer that I signed had stated that I would be inserted dental plates after the procedure, there is no stipulation in writing regarding non functional dentures at all.

All that being said, this information should be useful to others with a similar situation.

If you say so, it must be true...
Lol... He is probably refusing to make you a new set because he knows that even a " new set" will need some tweaking before they fit properly and that you probably won't accept them either because they weren't a perfect fit right out of the box. I suspect that " his blaming you" was borne of your refusal to work with him in allowing time to adjust the fit. I don't think you have a case and I am pretty sure that your dentist is neither worried or contacting his lawyer in regards to you. If your dentures are not functioning properly it is your fault for refusing to to let him "try" to make the adjustments, but rather demanding a "do over". If you did " allow" a decent amount of " adjustment" visits and we're still having issues you might have a case. On the other hand.. Had you allowed a decent amount of time for adjustments and we're still having issues your dentist probably would have no problem having a new set made for you.
Maybe you should poll other denture wearers as to their experience with their new prosthetic teeth and whether or not there was an adjustment period with regards to fit and functionality. I am pretty sure you'll hear many more " they needed adjusting" stories than " they fit perfect from the get go".

Old 07-14-2015, 03:29 PM

9,885 posts, read 10,967,002 times
Of course, it would never happen, but if it came to a jury trial, and I was called to be a juror, you would not want me on the jury!
As a current wearer of "immediate" dentures, with few problems, I can't find it in my heart to be very empathetic or sympathetic to your problems.
How is the legal maneuvering going for you?
Good luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health