Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2018, 10:12 AM

371 posts, read 364,704 times

Advertisements

I went to the dentist this morning because I had a sore on my gum. The dentist said it's an abscess over tooth 6. He tested the nerve with cold and I couldnt feel it but the xray didnt show any issues so he prescribed antibiotics. He said the tooth may start to hurt and I may need a root canal. I am in panic mode now. He could not answer why the tooth could not feel cold but the nerve looked ok on the xray and why I probably need a root canal. I see him in a week to see if the antibiotics worked but he felt I might be in sooner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2018, 06:18 PM

3,021 posts, read 5,848,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabbychic View Post
I went to the dentist this morning because I had a sore on my gum. The dentist said it's an abscess over tooth 6. He tested the nerve with cold and I couldnt feel it but the xray didnt show any issues so he prescribed antibiotics. He said the tooth may start to hurt and I may need a root canal. I am in panic mode now. He could not answer why the tooth could not feel cold but the nerve looked ok on the xray and why I probably need a root canal. I see him in a week to see if the antibiotics worked but he felt I might be in sooner.

Well, I can't explain what the dentist said, but please do not panic over a possible root canal.

The only place a root canal will hurt you is in the pocketbook.

If you do need a root canal than I suggest going to an endodontist, not a general dentist.

Old 05-17-2018, 10:33 AM

2,575 posts, read 2,074,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daliowa View Post
Well, I can't explain what the dentist said, but please do not panic over a possible root canal.

The only place a root canal will hurt you is in the pocketbook.

If you do need a root canal than I suggest going to an endodontist, not a general dentist.
All of this.

Just take the antibiotic and go from there. I have needed a root canal on a tooth that didn't respond to cold.

I am getting a root canal the 30th, actually. The only part I hate about it is the $$.

Old 05-17-2018, 10:37 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,728,168 times
If and when I ever get a issue in my mouth/gums, I start with Myrrh Tincture. Dab it around the area, it's a healing herb. It's a miracle for me and any issues. A lot of issue could be coming from the SLS in commercial toothpastes. Good luck.

Old 05-17-2018, 10:43 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
If and when I ever get a issue in my mouth/gums, I start with Myrrh Tincture. Dab it around the area, it's a healing herb. It's a miracle for me and any issues. A lot of issue could be coming from the SLS in commercial toothpastes. Good luck.
It's a resin.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 05-17-2018, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
It's a resin.
Whatever it is, it works. Resin or not...Do research on Myrrh and it's healing powers.

http://www.good-gums.com/ingredient-myrrh.cfm

https://apothecarysgarden.com/2013/0...rvelous-myrrh/

And it saves me and how many more from major dental work. Don't discount this natural remedy.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 05-17-2018 at 11:30 AM..

Old 05-17-2018, 08:51 PM

1,656 posts, read 2,778,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Whatever it is, it works. Resin or not...Do research on Myrrh and it's healing powers.

Good-Gums

https://apothecarysgarden.com/2013/0...rvelous-myrrh/

And it saves me and how many more from major dental work. Don't discount this natural remedy.
Research? On websites where anyone with $20 a month can say what they want. Research indeed. The internet is the Wild West.

Old 05-17-2018, 08:57 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,645,470 times
Abscesses can be dangerous. I would take an antibiotic - not sure about the root canal because new information has been published on the dangers of root canals.

Myrrh is known for its healing properties. If you use an essential oil, make sure you use one that is pure and is labeled a "supplement" (meaning you can ingest it according to specific recommendations).

Some essential oils cannot be ingested.

Use a reputable company.

https://articles.mercola.com/herbal-oils/myrrh-oil.aspx

Old 05-17-2018, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toofache32 View Post
Research? On websites where anyone with $20 a month can say what they want. Research indeed. The internet is the Wild West.
Of course a dentist would Never recommend Myrrh. The Wild West indeed, that includes all us wild ones around here....right? Everything outside of main medicine just seems to be attacked or highly questioned. Myrrh has saved me from major work now for about 10 yrs.

Old 05-18-2018, 03:18 PM

371 posts, read 364,704 times
I took half a zithromax and got really sick to my stomach and my pulse races and had a horrible headache. The abscess is gone now, not sure if I still need antibiotics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health