Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2019, 07:25 AM

7,242 posts, read 4,555,210 times

Advertisements

This week I did have my root canal. I have to go back next week for part two.

After the novacane wore off I had pain in the gum. I believe this is due to the "clamp" the they put on the tooth for the rubber dam. I think that they cut or damaged the gum.

But the tooth seems to have been drilled down right to the gum line. It is covered with a temp crown but the gum seems to be lower than the tooth right in the back where the top jaw meets the lower jaw. Of course this makes it painful to talk or close my mouth.

I has been only about 72 hours but really doesn't seem to be getting better.

Should I wait before calling? They tooth doesn't hurt at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2019, 09:33 PM

1,656 posts, read 2,783,384 times
This is called a rubber dam clamp. Yes it pushes your gums out of the way. Gums heal.

Old 03-31-2019, 08:13 AM

7,242 posts, read 4,555,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toofache32 View Post
This is called a rubber dam clamp. Yes it pushes your gums out of the way. Gums heal.
Thanks for that compassionate response.

It is actually difficult to talk or eat and I have to go back for round two this week. Dentists do a great job of claiming that root canals don't hurt but then, they sure do, and you have to deal with the consequences with "gums heal".

Old 03-31-2019, 10:02 AM

1,656 posts, read 2,783,384 times
Sorry I’m on my phone and type as little as possible. It takes time to heal after surgery. I’m not sure what you want to hear.

Old 03-31-2019, 11:55 AM

3,211 posts, read 2,981,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
Thanks for that compassionate response.

It is actually difficult to talk or eat and I have to go back for round two this week. Dentists do a great job of claiming that root canals don't hurt but then, they sure do, and you have to deal with the consequences with "gums heal".
Rotten teeth require extensive repair. There is no magic in dentistry.

Your gums will heal; your tooth would not heal without repair.

Old 04-04-2019, 06:26 PM

13,277 posts, read 7,326,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
This week I did have my root canal. I have to go back next week for part two.

After the novacane wore off I had pain in the gum. I believe this is due to the "clamp" the they put on the tooth for the rubber dam. I think that they cut or damaged the gum.

But the tooth seems to have been drilled down right to the gum line. It is covered with a temp crown but the gum seems to be lower than the tooth right in the back where the top jaw meets the lower jaw. Of course this makes it painful to talk or close my mouth.

I has been only about 72 hours but really doesn't seem to be getting better.

Should I wait before calling? They tooth doesn't hurt at all.
I had a crown they put that clamp on didn't pain was gone by the end of the day. I would suspect the root canal.

My wife had a root canal go bad with in 24 hours her face swelled up the gum below the tooth developed what looked like a white head pimple. She pushed on it and puss came out the dentist said it was abscessed. They gave her antibiotics she went into the office after the swelling went down they pulled the tooth she got an implant which took over 3 months. My dentist told me if still swilling after 24 hours probably didn't work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health