U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-28-2019, 07:30 AM
 
3 posts, read 714 times
Reputation: 10

Advertisements

Okay so had gum pain around or near one tooth for a month.

I’m pretty sure it’s an ulcer, when I went to the dentist a month ago he did a full scale of my mouth but never said it was an ulcer, admittedly when you look in the mirror it doesn’t look like much but is painful all day without anything coming into contact, which leads me to believe it’s an ulcer. Also when you take photos with flash (see below) you can see what I would deem a canker/ulcer?

I’m also aware I have gum loss on this tooth, but really don’t get pain in the tooth at all, just gum feels sore all day and very sore to press and a pressure of sorts.

Anyway here are some photos of the issue.

What do you think? Ulcer/canker?

The appearance of it changes often over the last few weeks, but I have attached some photos at the following -


https://imgshare.io/image/wEyW4
https://imgshare.io/image/wEEFc
https://imgshare.io/image/wEiaZ
https://imgshare.io/image/wEZY6

Last edited by xfilesjunkie; 05-28-2019 at 08:08 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-28-2019, 12:51 PM
 
Location: Southern California
27,113 posts, read 10,266,395 times
Reputation: 17433
Myrrh Tincture works great with mouth sores/issues. When I get a little flair of something I go for the Myrrh and it's gone in no time. Hope you are smart enough to not smoke. Talk about gum damage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-28-2019, 01:04 PM
 
3 posts, read 714 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Myrrh Tincture works great with mouth sores/issues. When I get a little flair of something I go for the Myrrh and it's gone in no time. Hope you are smart enough to not smoke. Talk about gum damage.
Defo don’t smoke.

Would you say I’m dealing with canker/ulcer?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-28-2019, 01:12 PM
 
Location: Southern California
27,113 posts, read 10,266,395 times
Reputation: 17433
Quote:
Originally Posted by xfilesjunkie View Post
Defo don’t smoke.

Would you say I’m dealing with canker/ulcer?
I don't know, one or the other or something else. Myrrh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-28-2019, 11:38 PM
 
Location: Living rent free in your head
34,944 posts, read 16,087,672 times
Reputation: 25494
Quote:
Originally Posted by xfilesjunkie View Post
Okay so had gum pain around or near one tooth for a month.

I’m pretty sure it’s an ulcer, when I went to the dentist a month ago he did a full scale of my mouth but never said it was an ulcer, admittedly when you look in the mirror it doesn’t look like much but is painful all day without anything coming into contact, which leads me to believe it’s an ulcer. Also when you take photos with flash (see below) you can see what I would deem a canker/ulcer?

I’m also aware I have gum loss on this tooth, but really don’t get pain in the tooth at all, just gum feels sore all day and very sore to press and a pressure of sorts.

Anyway here are some photos of the issue.

What do you think? Ulcer/canker?

The appearance of it changes often over the last few weeks, but I have attached some photos at the following -


https://imgshare.io/image/wEyW4
https://imgshare.io/image/wEEFc
https://imgshare.io/image/wEiaZ
https://imgshare.io/image/wEZY6
I think it's time to go see a dentist, don't you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-29-2019, 12:59 AM
 
Location: British Columbia ~🌄 ☀️ ♥ 🍁 ♥ ☀️🌄~
9,070 posts, read 7,694,537 times
Reputation: 18802
It does look a bit like an ulcer and it's inflamed, but if you're feeling pressure I think you have an abcess under the gum's surface, that can cause a whitish ulcerated appearance on the surface above the abcess, very painful. Go get the dentist to examine it again and maybe all you will need is a prescription from him for antibiotics.

If dentist refuses prescription or won't take x-ray to look for abcess or says it's not an ulcer/canker/abcess and can't offer a satisfactory diagnosis go see your family medical practitioner immediately. Not trying to scare you but it's very important that you MUST be able to at least rule out mouth cancer because many mouth cancers can look like what you have on your gum when they're just starting up.

.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-29-2019, 08:27 AM
 
3 posts, read 714 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
It does look a bit like an ulcer and it's inflamed, but if you're feeling pressure I think you have an abcess under the gum's surface, that can cause a whitish ulcerated appearance on the surface above the abcess, very painful. Go get the dentist to examine it again and maybe all you will need is a prescription from him for antibiotics.

If dentist refuses prescription or won't take x-ray to look for abcess or says it's not an ulcer/canker/abcess and can't offer a satisfactory diagnosis go see your family medical practitioner immediately. Not trying to scare you but it's very important that you MUST be able to at least rule out mouth cancer because many mouth cancers can look like what you have on your gum when they're just starting up.

.
thanks, I'm seeing one tomorrow. Hope it isn't sinister.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:42 AM.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top