Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2021, 11:19 PM

3 posts, read 2,136 times

Advertisements

Hey guys.

A couple of weeks ago (to be precise almost 7 weeks ago) I started getting alot of dental work done.

Unfortunately some of that work included composite fillings (two molars on the upper right side and one molar and 2 premolars on the lower left side).

The problem is that these fillings are extremely sensitive to any biting pressure when I try to eat anything remotely hard. A carrot or cucumber piece in my salad is extremely painful and makes me wince.

I visited the dentist after that and he adjusted my bite but the sensitivity is still there. Now the problem is that these fillings are on both sides of my mouth so I'm stuck eating soft foods only.

When I complained about the sensitivity my dentist said that composites sometimes take a while to "settle", but honestly I'm starting to get tired of this pain.

I have an appointment in 10 days and by then 8 weeks will have passed, and I'm seriously considering asking him to replace them with amalgams since they've never given me a hard time.

What do you guys think?

And Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health