Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2021, 04:14 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhamilton View Post
Well I have tried the holder that were recommend and the floss still breaks and gets stuck in between my teeth. I think the problem is the weakness in the floss itself and not the tools that hold the floss, if that makes sense. Is there any really strong floss you can by that is hard to break?
I have tight spaces like that, I use a waterpik - problem solved!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2021, 05:14 PM

23,297 posts, read 18,837,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I have tight spaces like that, I use a waterpik - problem solved!
The OP stated he's already tried that. Wasn't enough.

Old 10-02-2021, 05:18 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
The OP stated he's already tried that. Wasn't enough.
It would only 'not be enough' if the stuff between his teeth has already hardened into calculus, if that's the case he needs the hygienist to clean his teeth. One thing anyone using a waterpik should keep in mind, start with it on low and turn it up every day until you can comfortably use it on full strength. It's the only thing that works for me, but Doctor's Brush Picks are pretty awesome if you can find them they are very thin and flexible, I always take those with me when I travel

Old 10-02-2021, 05:32 PM

15,143 posts, read 27,785,743 times
Quote:
I have heard of that floss but cannot find it. Do you know who makes it or what to look for in the stores?
I have really tight teeth, can't use those flossers - the best floss IMO is Glide waxed, you can get either regular floss or ribbon type. The only kind that doesn't shred, get stuck, etc. - you can also live (and chew) perfectly normally w/o wisdom teeth. I only had two and they hadn't come up but when one tried I had to have it removed as there was no room for it. The other one (fingers crossed) doesn't look like it wants to try to come up (and I'm not a youngster

Old 10-02-2021, 07:44 PM

5,712 posts, read 4,289,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
It would only 'not be enough' if the stuff between his teeth has already hardened into calculus,

I use one regularly but there are places that are too tight where it is useless. Those have to be flossed, no way around it.

Old 10-03-2021, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
I use one regularly but there are places that are too tight where it is useless. Those have to be flossed, no way around it.
Same problem here. Flossing ribbon was the answer, not a Water Pik.

Old 10-10-2021, 01:11 AM

39 posts, read 31,289 times
Don't get your wisdom teeth pulled. You only have so many teeth and the wisdom teeth and two other molars do all the chewing. get a water pick and the flossers with a long handle.

Old 11-11-2021, 05:58 PM

12,766 posts, read 18,378,508 times
Quote:
I am 37 and never had them out but I find my back 8 teeth very difficult to floss. By 8 teeth I mean two on each side, top and bottom.

I was told it was because I never had my wisdom teeth removed. The dentist said it's not worth getting it now, but since it's almost impossible to floss those teeth and I have had quite a few cavities in that area so far as a result, would it be worth it though?
Im 40. Im getting mine out in a few weeks - same deal. It has a cavity. The dentist said removing the cavity would be more painful & difficult, they just advise taking out the tooth

Old 11-11-2021, 06:00 PM

12,766 posts, read 18,378,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
Not a great idea to remove wisdom teeth if you are getting cavities on them???

i had a cavity on one and the dentist just told me that we should just remove it.
Yup same here

Old 11-12-2021, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
Im 40. Im getting mine out in a few weeks - same deal. It has a cavity. The dentist said removing the cavity would be more painful & difficult, they just advise taking out the tooth
FWIW, I had one wisdom tooth damaged by bruxism and another eventually developed a cavity. Unlike you, I have all 4 wisdom teeth and other than that, they've never caused problems. Because of my bite they are important. No dentist recommended pulling either of them. One got a crown, the other's cavity was repaired. It wasn't particularly difficult, but exactly where the cavity is matters. Both teeth have been trouble free since (knock on wood).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health