Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2021, 05:26 PM

5,712 posts, read 4,289,046 times

Advertisements

Oh my luck wouldn't have it any other way. I just got the most important interview in many years scheduled for next week, and I just broke a later incisor off at the gum line 2 weeks ago. Noooooo!

Will something like denture adhesive hold it in place securely for an hour? Something else? Window putty lol? I can't get a prosthetic made in time and I can't can't CANT have it falling out mid-interview, lol.

If I didn't have bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2021, 01:37 PM

23,297 posts, read 18,837,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
Oh my luck wouldn't have it any other way. I just got the most important interview in many years scheduled for next week, and I just broke a later incisor off at the gum line 2 weeks ago. Noooooo!

Will something like denture adhesive hold it in place securely for an hour? Something else? Window putty lol? I can't get a prosthetic made in time and I can't can't CANT have it falling out mid-interview, lol.

If I didn't have bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all.
Check at a larger pharmacy: Rite Aid, Walgreens, WalMart, etc. There are OTC emergency dental repair adhesives. What about a denture adhesive?

One idea:

https://www.riteaid.com/shop/dentemp...ersonal%20Care

Old 10-02-2021, 02:57 PM

Yeah, just wondering if anyone knows if those will actually be strong enough. I'm going to buy everything I can find and will try them all. I only have 48 hours to find the solution, or suffer through an embarrassing interview.

Here's a review of someone who says Dentemp "Works great! Not sure why some people are having troubke with this. I use this all the time. There's a learning curve. I literally shape a front tooth out of this. There's a tiny bit of my real tooth left that I attach the product to and then shape it. It takes very little and it lasts months before i need to repair it again."

Old 10-02-2021, 06:03 PM

5,424 posts, read 3,492,007 times
Is the interview in person? If so, maybe wear a mask?

Old 10-02-2021, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanyBelle View Post
Is the interview in person? If so, maybe wear a mask?

Haha, that's a great idea because it would also cover my graying facial hair which I'm also fretting about but alas its a zoom interview.

Yeah, lets pass on that very experienced gray-chinned guy with no tooth.

Actually I think I have the tooth problem solved with dental repair paste. I tried some earlier and it worked well for a couple hours, until I bit into my Chicken Caesar Wrap. I bought a couple different kinds to try but I think any of them will get me through an interview.

Old 10-03-2021, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Haha, that's a great idea because it would also cover my graying facial hair which I'm also fretting about but alas its a zoom interview.

Yeah, lets pass on that very experienced gray-chinned guy with no tooth.

Actually I think I have the tooth problem solved with dental repair paste. I tried some earlier and it worked well for a couple hours, until I bit into my Chicken Caesar Wrap. I bought a couple different kinds to try but I think any of them will get me through an interview.
...as long as you don't indulge in another Chicken Caesar Wrap right before it starts!

Old 10-03-2021, 08:49 PM

Yeah, I won't be putting the tooth in until after breakfast and before the interview lol.

How strange, in only 3 weeks out of my mouth the tooth has become much whiter...or the ones in my mouth get that much darker with coffee stain...It sticks out like a sore thumb, I may have to soak it in coffee for a day or something...

Old 10-04-2021, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I won't be putting the tooth in until after breakfast and before the interview lol.

How strange, in only 3 weeks out of my mouth the tooth has become much whiter...or the ones in my mouth get that much darker with coffee stain...It sticks out like a sore thumb, I may have to soak it in coffee for a day or something...
Or whiten the others!

Old 10-04-2021, 06:09 PM

Too late for the teeth...but I did take care of the gray haha

Old 10-05-2021, 08:44 AM

16 posts, read 10,568 times
Quote:

Fixodent denture adhesive is what I recommend... it's a super strong all day hold in my experiences. Sometimes I've tried removing them only after a few hours and it was super difficult due to the strong bond.

Let us know how things worked out...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health