Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2022, 06:48 PM

1,154 posts, read 1,424,571 times

Advertisements

Im considering having these done. I have been watching their new patients glowing reviews now x 6 months. You go in, they do scans of your face and teeth, you get conscious sedation, and all your remaining teeth are removed on Day #1 AND they screw in the implant posts. You go to a nearby hotel.
In the morning, Day #2, you return and get your new upper and lower denture implants fixed onto the implanted parts they put in Day#1. The teeth are gorgeous. I do think most people are honest and upfront with their recommendations, but from what I have read x 6 months 90% of the folks getting these implants are younger to middle aged. I have yet to see/hear from anyone having the implants more than 7 years and the website says Dr. Golpa's been doing these for 2 decades. They are very expensive ($33,500 the base fee) and they increase in price if you need bone grafts, sinus lifts, more than 4 posts.
I have 18 teeth left that are in fair shape. I lost ALL my molar teeth to 17 years of bile reflux that resulted from RNY gastric bypass surgery 31 yrs ago. No MD would believe that it was bile and kept giving me meds for acid reflux; totally ineffective for bile which is alkaline and the meds don't stop. I'll soon be 70. My parents both died in their late 80s/90.
I'm just seeking anyone who has had these implants done and especially people that have had them 10+ years. Have you had problems with them? Do you go to them for your dental follow up visits? What issues have you had with them if you have had any? I shall keep what I have left and just not eat hard to chew foods rather than get them and possibly have issues the rest of my life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2022, 09:07 PM

1,154 posts, read 1,424,571 times
This silence is deafening...I've heard that.
NO biggy there. As a RN x 45 yrs AND a mom of 3 who knows when there's a "lil voice" in my gut saying, "Beware chica! Do more checking. NOTHING is perfection 100% of the time", I listen to it EVERY TIME.
So I've been diving deeper and golly by gosh I find medical malpractice suits that say to me "put a halt on this and do something else.
I thank all 392 of you who read my post and declined to comment. It said, to me, that "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all".
I have plenty of DDS/DMDs across America who were not afraid to tell me their thoughts on these quick implant clinics. I'm going to stay closer to home and have a few more consults with local all-on-X DDS who have been doing them 20+ years. You (all) may have saved me a LOT of $$$$$$, time driving + gas, but MOST if all my teeth I still have and my good health! I'm truly beholding to all 392 of you.

Old 04-16-2022, 10:38 PM

7,067 posts, read 4,510,340 times
I just saw this. I had the 4 on 4 done 6 years ago. After my teeth were pulled I had to wait 6 months for my gums to heal. It cost me 33k for the bottom. I have a denture on top. It was a long process but money well spent. If you have a denture on the bottom it will never stay secure because it can’t get suction like a top denture can. It’s made eating much better.

Old 04-17-2022, 08:33 AM

42,839 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooksmom View Post
This silence is deafening...I've heard that.
NO biggy there. As a RN x 45 yrs AND a mom of 3 who knows when there's a "lil voice" in my gut saying, "Beware chica! Do more checking. NOTHING is perfection 100% of the time", I listen to it EVERY TIME.
So I've been diving deeper and golly by gosh I find medical malpractice suits that say to me "put a halt on this and do something else.
I thank all 392 of you who read my post and declined to comment. It said, to me, that "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all".
I have plenty of DDS/DMDs across America who were not afraid to tell me their thoughts on these quick implant clinics. I'm going to stay closer to home and have a few more consults with local all-on-X DDS who have been doing them 20+ years. You (all) may have saved me a LOT of $$$$$$, time driving + gas, but MOST if all my teeth I still have and my good health! I'm truly beholding to all 392 of you.
Sorry, I didn't see your initial post. I have a few friends who had 4 on 4 done, they were not happy with the results. If I were you I would see a good prosthodontist and ask about implant bridges. Since you have a number of good teeth I would definitely try to keep them.

Old 04-17-2022, 11:05 AM

3,428 posts, read 2,393,301 times
My husband has 4 on 4 and has a gorgeous smile now. He had 23 teeth pulled because they were ALL rotted. He had some bone loss, so he also had grafting. He's had these for around 10 years. He's also had a couple of the "teeth" come loose and fall out while he was eating, but they were secured back in place and haven't budged since. You just have to be careful not to swallow them if that happens, or you're looking at needing a lot of wait time and expense in getting it replaced. A good set is an artform, with each tooth hand-made and hand-painted to look like real actual teeth, including a little yellowing between each one and up near the gumline. If they're 100% perfectly white they look fake and unattractive.

Old 04-17-2022, 12:39 PM

17,533 posts, read 39,105,017 times
I will eventually (hopefully later this year) be getting a similar procedure for my upper jaw; however it will be on 6 instead of 4 (much stronger) and zygomas (long angled implants) due to bone loss. This eliminates the need for grafting. I will be going to New Teeth Now right here in Lakeland, FL, where I live, and fortunately the doctors here are considered the best in the country at this procedure. People literally fly in here from all over. It is very expensive but again, it is 6 implants, some zygomatic. Dr. Kirkpatrick has a lot of videos on YouTube. He was recommended to me by my regular dentist who is also fantastic.

https://www.newteethnow.com/?utm_sou...m_campaign=gmb

Good luck, OP.

ETA: There is a woman on YouTube who had this done with Dr. Golpa some years back. Her user name is "kalinjax" and she has a lot of videos about having had dentures and then getting this done. I think she has been very happy with them.

Old 04-17-2022, 01:07 PM

4,490 posts, read 3,925,838 times
I had an all-on-five procedure done about 8 years ago and, by far, it was the best thing I've ever done.

Old 04-17-2022, 01:50 PM

3,428 posts, read 2,393,301 times
I can't go back and edit my post, it's too old. But I meant all on 4, not 4x4.

And OP, the reason no one responded the first time around, is because no one wanted to respond the first time around. You know what happens when you assume...

Old 04-21-2022, 11:17 PM

11,630 posts, read 12,691,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooksmom View Post
Im considering having these done. I have been watching their new patients glowing reviews now x 6 months. You go in, they do scans of your face and teeth, you get conscious sedation, and all your remaining teeth are removed on Day #1 AND they screw in the implant posts. You go to a nearby hotel.
In the morning, Day #2, you return and get your new upper and lower denture implants fixed onto the implanted parts they put in Day#1. The teeth are gorgeous. I do think most people are honest and upfront with their recommendations, but from what I have read x 6 months 90% of the folks getting these implants are younger to middle aged. I have yet to see/hear from anyone having the implants more than 7 years and the website says Dr. Golpa's been doing these for 2 decades. They are very expensive ($33,500 the base fee) and they increase in price if you need bone grafts, sinus lifts, more than 4 posts.
I have 18 teeth left that are in fair shape. I lost ALL my molar teeth to 17 years of bile reflux that resulted from RNY gastric bypass surgery 31 yrs ago. No MD would believe that it was bile and kept giving me meds for acid reflux; totally ineffective for bile which is alkaline and the meds don't stop. I'll soon be 70. My parents both died in their late 80s/90.
I'm just seeking anyone who has had these implants done and especially people that have had them 10+ years. Have you had problems with them? Do you go to them for your dental follow up visits? What issues have you had with them if you have had any? I shall keep what I have left and just not eat hard to chew foods rather than get them and possibly have issues the rest of my life.
I don't mean to hijack this thread. I don't know anything about your dental issues. I do wish to comment about your bile reflux. I had that too and I was given acid reducing medications for almost a year which made it so much worse. No one could figure it out. I finally had a bravo endoscopy which revealed that it was alkaline reflux like yours. I didn't have any type of surgery or trauma to cause it. Sorry to go off topic.

Old 04-26-2022, 04:42 PM

629 posts, read 932,450 times
Dentist here. First thing I ask every patient who is considering this procedure:

"If something goes wrong, can you afford another one?"

Don't get me wrong, this can be a great treatment. However, I have seen/worked on many cases where things were great for a few years, then something broke or failed and the patient couldn't afford to get it fixed or re-done, and ended up in a plain old denture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health