Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2022, 03:47 PM

8,232 posts, read 3,492,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
Call them NOW. If they have any sort of "after hours" or emergency contact, it will work just as well as waiting until July 4th. If they don't have an emergency contact option, calling them before Tuesday won't do any good. Have to agree that your best bet probably would have been to report the problem much earlier...like last week and let them try to squeeze you in during their working hours as urgent. If you realize that now, no sense flogging you for it. Hindsight does tend to be 20/20.
I have been calling. They have a message that the office is closed right now and it is not going to voicemail at the moment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2022, 03:50 PM

23,297 posts, read 18,837,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
I have been calling. They have a message that the office is closed right now and it is not going to voicemail at the moment.
Well, calling them on a national holiday will probably have the same result, but no one's stopping you.

Old 07-02-2022, 11:43 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
I have called and left messages. I had to go to the emergency room for the infection and the doctor said that it might go back in place as the swelling goes down. Swelling is going down but it is staying in the new place.
There's not much you can do if you can't get hold of your dentist, I'm just sorry that someone felt the need to try to shame you over something for which you have no control. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you can see a dentist soon, please keep us updated.

Old 07-05-2022, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
There's not much you can do if you can't get hold of your dentist, I'm just sorry that someone felt the need to try to shame you over something for which you have no control. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you can see a dentist soon, please keep us updated.
Went to the dentist today. It was the same chain but in a different town. Local is booked up for a while. I was given a special mouth rinse to use every day and it is hoping that it will get some of the inflammation resolved. Then I have to get the other front tooth pulled. It can't be saved. So I have to get stuck with needles again. Tired of the needles. I wish I could be gassed and just wake up with the upper teeth gone and get an upper denture. I am missing a lot of upper teeth already. They break a lot. I have not had much trouble with the bottom teeth. I even had an upper tooth break once because I sneezed. It totally shattered.

Old 07-05-2022, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Went to the dentist today. It was the same chain but in a different town. Local is booked up for a while. I was given a special mouth rinse to use every day and it is hoping that it will get some of the inflammation resolved. Then I have to get the other front tooth pulled. It can't be saved. So I have to get stuck with needles again. Tired of the needles. I wish I could be gassed and just wake up with the upper teeth gone and get an upper denture. I am missing a lot of upper teeth already. They break a lot. I have not had much trouble with the bottom teeth. I even had an upper tooth break once because I sneezed. It totally shattered.
That's too bad about losing the other front tooth, but why go to a 'chain dentist', if that's all your insurance allows I can understand it but they are notoriously AWFUL and usually hire brand new graduates from dental college.

Old 07-05-2022, 07:45 PM

1,656 posts, read 2,781,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
That's too bad about losing the other front tooth, but why go to a 'chain dentist', if that's all your insurance allows I can understand it but they are notoriously AWFUL and usually hire brand new graduates from dental college.

I might be wrong, but this entire scenario sounds like the OP has Medicaid. When looking for a dentist willing to work for 20 cents on the dollar (literally, at best), what are you expecting?

Old 07-05-2022, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toofache32 View Post
I might be wrong, but this entire scenario sounds like the OP has Medicaid. When looking for a dentist willing to work for 20 cents on the dollar (literally, at best), what are you expecting?
You are probably right.

Old 07-06-2022, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toofache32 View Post
Yes, I have Medicaid. The clinic chain is the only one that takes it in the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Dental Health