Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2010, 12:09 AM

639 posts, read 1,289,873 times

Advertisements

Whats your opinion of Glendale?
It seems to be a decent area and near alot of amenities for a cheap price to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2010, 07:01 AM

11,827 posts, read 34,436,540 times
There are a lot of apartments. Decent density, a new stadium and rugby team....There is a tax on selling/buying property that does not exist in other metro area cities.

Old 12-17-2010, 11:52 PM

3,158 posts, read 6,124,244 times
Glendale is also part of the Cherry Creek School District. Elementary students attend Holly Hills/Holly Ridge, Middle school students attend West Middle School, and High School attend Cherry Creek High School. Many people with kids move into the area because it is the most affordable area inside of Cherry Creek High School's attendance area, and there is little chance of attending CCHS without being inside the school's attendance area (the school takes fewer than 50 in-district choice students per year and no out-of-district students).

Old 12-18-2010, 12:47 AM

1,627 posts, read 4,218,549 times
If you're looking at apartments, note the following. When we were looking for places in and around Denver we found numerous reviews of several different apartment complexes indicating the presence of bed bugs. I cannot verify if these reports were true or merely people who were angry at their apartment managers for some reason. I would see furniture frequently thrown out in some areas when I would drive through, but it didn't look like particularly new furniture and so could just as well have been replaced by something nice for no other reason than someone wanted a nice new couch.

But it seemed only fair to mention that it's worth checking over reviews if you (or anyone else) is looking for apartments in Glendale. Would love to hear from residents whether or not it's true or is just giving the city a bad rap.

Old 12-18-2010, 03:26 AM

6,385 posts, read 11,886,305 times
Glendale has some pretty nasty apartment complexes though. Its a great location, lots of amenities and convenient to a lot of places, but the fact that its pretty cheap to live there should be fair warning.

Old 04-01-2011, 04:04 PM

2,700 posts, read 4,939,252 times
Glendale used to have more Strip Clubs in its small area than anywhere else.... But also had one of the best movie houses and entertainment centers around...

Last edited by SoCalCpl2; 04-01-2011 at 04:05 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 04-08-2011, 08:31 PM

164 posts, read 596,232 times
Glendale seems to be hit and miss. Some apartment complexes look to be pretty nice, while others don't look good (as in: bedsheet on the window). I work with someone who rented a place there and had the wheel stolen off his car, and another ex co-worker was saying his building looked OK but was crummy.

I drive through there often and have worked there for 5+ years, and have noticed that the apartments right near mississippi and cherry or bellaire seem to be pretty shabby. Another co-worker rented at the complex on the corner of Kentucky and Holly (across from the rugby stadium) and he said it was bad. This place also frequently has furniture thrown out in the trash, and one of those huge parking lots where weirdos can hang out in their car in the middle of the day.

Yet, there are nice-ish buildings on the corner of kentucky and cherry creek drive, and in some other parts also. There are many people out and about, and I rarely hear of any crime there. Unfortunately, it does seem like there are a good number of people living below the american dream there. Some of the buildings do look shabby, and I'd for sure be hesitant to rent anything on mississippi.

Still, the area is very convenient to I-25, cherry creek bike/walking path and Colorado Blvd, with many stores and restaurants nearby. If you are without a car, this is one of the few places in the city you should be able to get by. If you are looking for character, Glendale does seem to be sort of worldly, with a good number of people there from many backgrounds.

Old 04-08-2011, 08:46 PM

120 posts, read 470,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by icewater View Post
Glendale seems to be hit and miss. Some apartment complexes look to be pretty nice, while others don't look good (as in: bedsheet on the window). I work with someone who rented a place there and had the wheel stolen off his car, and another ex co-worker was saying his building looked OK but was crummy.

I drive through there often and have worked there for 5+ years, and have noticed that the apartments right near mississippi and cherry or bellaire seem to be pretty shabby. Another co-worker rented at the complex on the corner of Kentucky and Holly (across from the rugby stadium) and he said it was bad. This place also frequently has furniture thrown out in the trash, and one of those huge parking lots where weirdos can hang out in their car in the middle of the day.

Yet, there are nice-ish buildings on the corner of kentucky and cherry creek drive, and in some other parts also. There are many people out and about, and I rarely hear of any crime there. Unfortunately, it does seem like there are a good number of people living below the american dream there. Some of the buildings do look shabby, and I'd for sure be hesitant to rent anything on mississippi.

Still, the area is very convenient to I-25, cherry creek bike/walking path and Colorado Blvd, with many stores and restaurants nearby. If you are without a car, this is one of the few places in the city you should be able to get by. If you are looking for character, Glendale does seem to be sort of worldly, with a good number of people there from many backgrounds.
I can think of several neighborhoods in Denver where one can easily get by without a car. Capital Hill, Park Hill, Uptown, The Highlands,etc. Perhaps, Glendale is also one by it certainly isn't one that would pop out at me. I looked at some condos near S. Monaco/Florida and the area gave me the creeps. I certainly wouldn't refer to it as "worldly".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver