Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 09:05 PM

9 posts, read 36,932 times

Advertisements

The AMLI Lowry looks really nice and I would love to live there, but I don't think I can afford the prices from $884 - $979. Hopefully, I will be able to find something around $750. If possible, I would like to have my own apartment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2011, 09:57 PM

5,089 posts, read 15,404,810 times
You have requirements to bike or to take the bus. You would want to live close enough to bike easily and safely. Also, you would want to live near a good bus route that goes to the medical campus, if you choose not to ride or the weather is bad. Rapid Transit trains are now being contructed to reach the campus but that will be years away. There are only a few routes that go to the campus: Route 15 and 15L, East Colfax; Route 20 going across the metro area, east to west; Route 121, 121L (Limited) going south to north from DTC to Montbello.

The best route that would take in neighborhoods closer to campus and is a major route that runs almost 24 hours a day would the the Colfax Route.It runs very frequently with a limited faster bus which stops only at major stops. I would look to find a place to live, either just north or south of this route. In this way you will not have to worry about transfers and this good "rapid transit" route will always available. You can live as far west as Downtown Denver because Route 15 goes there. Also the 20th goes through Downtown. This will give you many good options to live along an east to west, or west to east corridor, with easy access to the Campus. In addition, you can decide to live in the Center of Aurora, just east of the campus and have the services of Route 15--there are many housing options in this area.

The medical campus was put in an area that in the past was not very savory but the neighborhoods have been changing rapidly; there is new housing nearby. Some would say that along Colfax is not the best areas to live but I would argue that there are many good areas in and around Colfax that can be a good exciting places to live and would be closeby and walkable.

I would start with RTD and work from there to find a place to live http://www.rtd-denver.com/

Livecontent

Old 03-05-2011, 10:41 AM

Wow - Thank you for the information. This is very helpful. Now I need to find some apartments on these routes.

Old 03-27-2011, 08:01 PM

Default Grad Student Apartment

I will be attending school at Anschutz Medical Campus. I have looked at many web sites. I liked the Stapleton area, but I have not found many apartments. Any suggestions for a great place for a grad student to live within 5 miles of Anschutz.

Old 03-29-2011, 10:35 AM

5,089 posts, read 15,404,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lassen View Post
I will be attending school at Anschutz Medical Campus. I have looked at many web sites. I liked the Stapleton area, but I have not found many apartments. Any suggestions for a great place for a grad student to live within 5 miles of Anschutz.
You could take advantage of the area around the old campus, at centered at 9th and Colorado. Many apartments were built there for the student body and staff. Now that they have left there are many available and the rent has dropped. In addition, there are many condos that are available for rent. This area, the Hale neighborhood, is a very good area to live with good services and would be about 5 miles from the new campus. It has excellent bus service. There are still some clinics operating at this old site, as well as the current VA hospital (which is used for training); it is possible that there is some sort of shuttle to the new campus.

I would suggest also looking just east, to the Montclair Neigborhood, which again has many apartments. A good area would be the Mayfair neighborhood (which is part of Montclair), which is just a little farther east past Eudora to Monaco, perhaps near the King Soopers at Krameria and 14th. This will be about 3.5 miles to the new campus and will have the services of local stores, restaurants and shops, as well as you would be real close to the direct bus route, 15 and 15L on Colfax.

Livecontent

Old 03-29-2011, 04:46 PM

Thank you Livecontent for the information.

Old 07-02-2012, 10:01 AM

1 posts, read 569 times
There are many homes in the Hoffman Heights neighborhood that grad students rent and share. This area is just south of the Medical Campus. Craigslist often has a bunch. The apartment complex just north of the campus is good. Cooperleaf apartments southeast of campus is nice also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver