Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 10:34 AM

21 posts, read 38,409 times

Advertisements

My husband and I work from home and are moving to Denver. We have two small children just starting school. We have two options:

1- Buy in Cherry Creek Village, but in the lowest price range, meaning that over time we'd need to update the home. Excellent schools.

2- Buy in Parker, newer house with little work. Good schools.

We have narrowed it down to these two locations, but having never lived in CO, we recognize that on the surface each location offers a very different lifestyle, but can anyone give us insight on other difference that may not be visable by just driving through? Which would you choose?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2011, 10:40 AM

40 posts, read 88,830 times
I would go with Cherry Creek Village. I live in Parker and it's very vanilla. We wish we were closer to more than what Parker has of offer. I also think that Cherry Creek schools are better than Douglas County. Also, keep in mind that although the Cherry Creek house may need to be updated, the older homes are normally very structurally sound.

Old 04-01-2011, 10:44 AM

2,185 posts, read 5,015,463 times
Cherry Creek Village, but if I moved to Parker it wouldn't be in the new homes I would choose the Pinery, except I noticed on Zillow the other day that there are a lot of houses for sale in that area and they aren't selling. Seems a bit odd to have so many houses for sale in such a small area.

Old 04-01-2011, 11:54 AM

11,828 posts, read 34,440,909 times
Where is work?

Old 04-01-2011, 12:16 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,462,628 times
Agree on "where is work" as well as consider the rest of your finances. Does buying in CCV in the "lowest price range" mean that you're stretching yourself so thin that extras and unexpecteds will put a strain on your finances and add stress to your family life just to be in a certain area?

Old 04-01-2011, 01:18 PM

11,828 posts, read 34,440,909 times
Cherry Creek Village or Cherry Hills Village? Big difference.

Old 04-01-2011, 02:33 PM

21 posts, read 38,409 times
Default Thank you!~

We work from home, but use the airport often. What is the difference between Cherry Hills Village and Cherry Creek---so confusing! I too notice a lot of house for sale in The Pinery/Timbers, why do you think that is? The area is beautiful, love the forest. Seems like overall everyone is rooting for Cherry _____.

Old 04-01-2011, 02:59 PM

2,185 posts, read 5,015,463 times
Cherry Creek Village is in Greenwood Village, Cherry Hils Villlage is in Cherry Hills. Both are very nice areas. I am surprised nobody is suggesting you move to Aurora yet since you said you use the airport often. If you can afford to live in Cherry Hills/Greenwood Village do it! Much better schools for your kids and quality of life.

Old 04-01-2011, 03:40 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,462,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupcake77 View Post
Cherry Creek Village is in Greenwood Village, Cherry Hils Villlage is in Cherry Hills. Both are very nice areas. I am surprised nobody is suggesting you move to Aurora yet since you said you use the airport often. If you can afford to live in Cherry Hills/Greenwood Village do it! Much better schools for your kids and quality of life.
Not necessarily. "Quality of life" encompasses many things. If you are so strapped for cash (not saying this is the OP - but since they mentioned living in the lower end of the spectrum at one location it seems to be a consideration) that you cannot enjoy other things, or that your kids are frequently not able to participate in what their peers are doing, then "quality of life" can be miserable, even if the schools are good. if your values are not the same as your neighbors, or you hate your neighborhood .... lots of things add up to "quality of life" not just "great schools"....It's not always cut and dried.

Old 04-01-2011, 03:47 PM

1,074 posts, read 1,797,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupcake77 View Post
I was going to suggest Aurora. It worked well for me since my job was at the airport. Now, working for an airline, my salary wasn't the highest so I had to choose somewhere as close as possible. I ended up riding the bus on many occasions. And there are good and not so good areas of Aurora. But I do agree with Cupcake77, if you can afford to live in Cherry Hills/Greenwood Village, you might want to do that. I think there might be a different answer depending upon the person and their situation. For my stuation Aurora worked very well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver