Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 07:27 PM

5 posts, read 22,046 times

Advertisements

I am a single 33 year old female. I am relocating to Denver in the near future and would like some advice on finding apartments/condos/houses.

I do have a few important items I am looking for:
2 Bedrooms, Washer/Dryer in unit, walkable to lightrail (I don't mean within a mile, but super walkable ... within a few blocks ... approx. 5 minute walk), good closet space and/or some storage

Price range around $1000 could go up to $1300

I have seen all sorts of things on Craigslist, but when I look up the ratings on these apartments/condos they are just scary! People talking about rats or really poor construction, loud parties, lots of crime, etc., etc. Also, tons of things are listed as walkable to lightrail because they are within a mile ... not the walkable I am looking for.

Where would people look other than craigslist? Suggestions of actual complexes that are good?

Thanks for all your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2011, 08:38 PM

948 posts, read 1,386,558 times
There is an very nice place on Hampton and I 25, It's called the District. very nice units, dyed concrete floors, secured parking, heated sidewalks (no snow or ice), nice gathering areas, Light Rail is less then a football field, There are shops on the ground level units are above, with some ground floor units off the main roads.
The unites are pricey. If memory serves a 2 bed starts around $1200.00
Here is a good look at it
The District Apartments For Rent in Denver, Colorado - Apartment Rental and Community Details - ForRent.com

Old 04-18-2011, 09:09 AM

3,530 posts, read 9,722,465 times
pink: I just checked out the District. It does look nice. Also, I didn't realize you were looking to rent. We are looking to buy so we are in two different categories.

Old 04-21-2011, 02:52 PM

Question Anyone live in or near Town Center Terrace Condos in Aurora

Does anyone live in or near the Town Center Terrace Condos in Aurora? They look really nice on-line, but I have not seen them in person. There seem to be quite a few for sale and I don't know if that is good or bad. Good area? Nice places? Any info would be helpful! Thanks!

Old 04-21-2011, 04:06 PM

Ask Vegas on these threads, he'll know.

Old 04-21-2011, 06:00 PM

5,610 posts, read 23,314,867 times
I live not too far from the place you're talking about, and I've been inside a unit there too.

Technically, it is part of the city limits of Aurora, which is strange because it's not continguous with the rest of Aurora-- it's surrounded by the Denver city limits on 3 sides. So in reality the neighborhood you're looking at is really part of SE Denver.

The buildings are practically brand new and very nice. I think if you wanted to buy a condo (leaving aside the question of whether buying a condo is a good idea-- as opposed to a townhome or a single family home, or renting), it would be a good choice. It's next to an apartment complex which is also pretty nice. The whole place is walkable to the Dayton light rail station, including a bridge to the 225/Cherry Creek trail bike path, but it's also right next to Walmart-- when you drive in to the development, you almost feel like you're living in a Walmart parking lot. The surrounding area is nice overall. Some of the apartment complexes on the north side of Hampden can be on the slummy side, but the residential neighborhoods are pretty well kept up.

Old 04-21-2011, 06:14 PM

Vegas-
I am actually looking to rent ... there are a number of units in the complex for rent too. It seems to be a primarily owner occupied type of complex though which seems like it might be a better fit for me. At the top of the thread you can see what I am basically looking for rental wise ... any other suggestions would be great as you seem to have tons of knowledge.

Thanks!

Old 04-21-2011, 06:36 PM

5,610 posts, read 23,314,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkcactus View Post
Vegas-
I am actually looking to rent ... there are a number of units in the complex for rent too. It seems to be a primarily owner occupied type of complex though which seems like it might be a better fit for me. At the top of the thread you can see what I am basically looking for rental wise ... any other suggestions would be great as you seem to have tons of knowledge.

Thanks!
The "Savoy at Hampden Towne Center" (Equity Residential-- you can look it up on their website) is the apartment complex right next to the Town Center Terrace-- all built within the last 10 years, pretty nice. Unlike most apartment complexes, instead of the buildings places in a maze of parking lots, it has that "new urbanist" feel where you parallel park on the street and your door is literally steps away from the sidewalk.

"The District" that other people mentioned at Hampden & I-25 is nice, but very expensive (I think the chepeast apartments there start at the mid 900s on up), and it has that new urbanist feel where you live above a few shops (there's a wine bar and a few chains). I don't personally like the look and design of those buildings, but that's just me.

Check out some of the apartments that are walkable to the Belleview station-- Cierra Crest, Enclave, Presidio.

Further south, at the Dry Creek Station, there is an AMLI Inverness which is brand new (built within the last year). Even further, at the Lincoln Station (the very furthest south light rail station) along Park Meadows Dr there are a number of other nice apartments, including the AMLI Park Meadows. AMLI apartments are all very nice. Expensive, but you're getting something really nice for the money.

There are some apartments at Englewood City Center (I'm not sure what the names are) along the light rail station that are worth looking into as well.

Old 04-22-2011, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaspilgrim View Post
Further south, at the Dry Creek Station, there is an AMLI Inverness which is brand new (built within the last year).
We saw the AMLI's -- really nice. I really really liked them. But when we realized they were for rent we wrote them off. But for you... go for these. I liked the outside of them better than the Vallagio!

Old 04-22-2011, 01:23 PM

I have been going to the apartment ratings on these different places and the AMLI properties look awesome, but then you look at reviews and they are horrible! I have looked at reviews on all the properties listed by Vegas and others ... but there are just awful reviews for all these different complexes. People saying that there are rats, noise is crazy, stalkers, gangs, etc, etc. Should l not pay attention to these? Where could I get honest reviews of some of these complexes? One big issue for me is noise. I don't want a place that was built with shoddy construction and you can hear everything from people above or below or next door.

Suggestions?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver