Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 03:51 AM

13,827 posts, read 29,944,218 times

Advertisements

Lower middle class area, should be alright enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2011, 06:20 AM

553 posts, read 1,545,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacylynn3 View Post
My roommate and I are moving to the Denver area at the end of June and we have been researching areas to live in. We would like some info on good bad neighborhoods in Thornton, Westminster, Federal Heights and near Engelwood. We have good and bad things about both and also if anyone knows of any good apartment complexes we would love some advice. We found a few and read reviews some good some bad and we really need some info to help us make a decision. any help would be wonderful! Thanks!
You never stated your age group or your rent budget. That would help a lot.

Park Place: My friends lived there a long time ago. They had lots of loud parties. It was cheap and the bedrooms were good sized. It's right on North Federal. I would live there over anything off of South Federal. Great for young, single people.

I used to live at Cascade Village off of 92nd & Sheridan. Even though it's only about 5 min's away from Park Place, it's in a better neighborhood, has way better apts and just a little higher class surroundings. I would live there again in a heartbeat. I really liked it there.

I also used to live in Federal Heights when I graduated HS. My roommate and I used to call it the "ghetto". (Of course the joke being that CO doesn't have a ghetto...but it was our version of one). It has improved it since then.

The first cities you mentioned are quite a long distance from Englewood. So, they have nothing in common just in case you might think they are near each other. Hope that helps a little bit.

Old 05-20-2011, 10:26 AM

2,756 posts, read 12,977,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacylynn3 View Post
It is in westminster and the address is 9081 federal boulevard The apartment complex is called Park place on 92nd
That's right over by the Water World Waterpark and Federal Heights, though as you said it may be in Westminster city limits. Not a terrible area, but given that it's in the suburbs I think you could do better. In other words, it's a bit run down but you don't really get the benefit of a walkable urban environment that you might get if you were closer in. About the only real attraction to living there is maybe that the rent might be low, but it would have to be really low to be a draw in my opinion.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's more "run down" than "ghetto" --- so maybe if you got an incredible deal on rent there it might be worth looking into. I would think though that if you went a few miles north or west you'd be landing in a better spot. Really even a mile north or west (but not east) would be much better location.

Old 05-20-2011, 12:39 PM

50 posts, read 202,232 times
I don't mean to intrude on this post, but I wanted to ask about the area on the other side of the city, namely around Quincy Reservoir and along Smoky Hill. I was born in Denver and grew up in a relatively wealthy suburb (in Greenwood Village) so I know Denver pretty well. I've always thought Aurora to be somewhat ghetto, but since Aurora is huge, I've since found that a lot of S / SE Aurora is very beautiful and mellow esp. in the 80016 area where I rented an Apartment for a year.

I expect to move back to Denver in about a year in hopes to eventually buy a home and have noticed that there is a lot of cheap, nice real estate in the 80015 zip. I know the area and it is pretty, but I couldn't say how it is on crime, schools, general quality of life, etc... I'm looking for something under 200K and definitely looking for a suburb atmosphere, but if anyone here has lived in that area and could chime in on how nice (or not) the general area is that would be great.

Old 05-20-2011, 12:51 PM

2,185 posts, read 5,015,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRocKeR View Post
I don't mean to intrude on this post, but I wanted to ask about the area on the other side of the city, namely around Quincy Reservoir and along Smoky Hill. I was born in Denver and grew up in a relatively wealthy suburb (in Greenwood Village) so I know Denver pretty well. I've always thought Aurora to be somewhat ghetto, but since Aurora is huge, I've since found that a lot of S / SE Aurora is very beautiful and mellow esp. in the 80016 area where I rented an Apartment for a year.

I expect to move back to Denver in about a year in hopes to eventually buy a home and have noticed that there is a lot of cheap, nice real estate in the 80015 zip. I know the area and it is pretty, but I couldn't say how it is on crime, schools, general quality of life, etc... I'm looking for something under 200K and definitely looking for a suburb atmosphere, but if anyone here has lived in that area and could chime in on how nice (or not) the general area is that would be great.

Have you looked out in parker or even highlands ranch?? Highlands ranch is pretty cheap overall and you can find a few homes in Parker I'm sure.

Old 05-20-2011, 01:03 PM

553 posts, read 1,545,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfox View Post
That's right over by the Water World Waterpark and Federal Heights, though as you said it may be in Westminster city limits.
No, it's not. Water World is off of 88th and Pecos. I lived across from Water World too for a short time and that area is Federal Heights technically. In any case, those apt's were our bottom choice, but for 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms the rent was very affordable for two kids right out of high school. I forgot what they were called though.

The Park Place apts are right on 92nd and Federal in Westminster. You know what's funny? City-Data has the best picture of your view from the front of those apartments right on their Westminster page. Here's the link. I LMAO when I saw it! //www.city-data.com/picfilesc/picc3307.php

Old 05-20-2011, 02:16 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,944,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRocKeR View Post

It's a better than average area, and is fine for most people.

Old 05-21-2011, 08:54 AM

531 posts, read 1,146,475 times
That's well into suburbia. Its not a bad place.

Old 05-21-2011, 12:02 PM

5,089 posts, read 15,404,810 times
I agree with all the posts about the area; it is not a ghetto but a little old. It is not perceived as a dangerous area. It does have excellent bus public transit, the Route 92 on 92nd;Route 31 on North Federal; and 31X am/pm express direct to downtown. 92 and 31 both connect with the Westminster Park n' Ride which is one of the largest in the area with multiple bus connection and a quick no stop regional/express bus, BV (to/from Boulder), to downtown. It is close to shopping in Westminster and near a Hospital, St. Anthony North.

In these days of high gas prices, living in an area with good public transit is choosing wisely.

Livecontent

Old 05-21-2011, 07:26 PM

36 posts, read 55,932 times
I play disc golf now and again in a park that backs up to Water World. I don't think the area is bad by any stretch but the local kids almost of age are a wonder from what I can see. That damn park has more left behind underware, generally of the female persuasion than I can make sense of. A lot of hook ups going on in that area at night.

Don't eat a sandwhich off of the picnic tables without a plate would be my only advice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver