Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 12:06 AM

11,715 posts, read 40,455,391 times

Advertisements

Is anything legal anywhere in the metro area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2007, 03:46 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,027,833 times
I don't think any fireworks at all are allowed. It used to be you could have sparklers, but with the drought etc I think everything is now prohibited.
However, enforcing this law is difficult. Lots of people buy fireworks in Wyoming and shoot them off anyway; the cloud of smoke used to make central Denver look like some sort of battlefield.
There are many, many legal displays for the 4th of July, one of the best ones is at Denver Country Club (pull up a lawn chair) and also the Colorado Rapids used to do a nice one.

Old 06-17-2007, 08:28 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Every year around the 4th, the papers publish the local regs. In general, it is illegal inside the city limits of most cities to use anything, including sparklers. This inculdes the suburbs. As cil said, you can buy most anything in Wyoming. There are also fireworks stands around in the unicorporated areas of Adams and Boulder counties that sell sparklers.

Old 06-17-2007, 02:37 PM

22 posts, read 88,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cil View Post
I don't think any fireworks at all are allowed. It used to be you could have sparklers, but with the drought etc I think everything is now prohibited.
However, enforcing this law is difficult. Lots of people buy fireworks in Wyoming and shoot them off anyway; the cloud of smoke used to make central Denver look like some sort of battlefield.
There are many, many legal displays for the 4th of July, one of the best ones is at Denver Country Club (pull up a lawn chair) and also the Colorado Rapids used to do a nice one.
Yes the Rapids have always had a great fireworks display. The shame is--as a soccer fan, it is a real pain to go to the game as usual and continuously people keep coming and going. Up and down, back and forth all thro the game. They don't come to enjoy the game or cheer on the teams. They are just there for the fireworks. Soon and they are over, they leave. ---Well at least people who enjoy both can quit having their feet stepped on and their view blocked. Why are people so rude? And why do they not teach their kids to sit down and stay put in public? Don't go to the State Fair to attend a rodeo on nights there is to be a concert. Same thing. The cattle are not all behind the scoots.

Old 06-29-2007, 01:17 PM

2 posts, read 14,229 times
Default New to the area- Best fireworks display?

Just moved to downtown Denver. I'll have a great view of the fireworks at Coors field on Tuesday and Wednesday, but am curious as to any other great shows in the area?

Old 06-29-2007, 03:00 PM

18,023 posts, read 27,468,060 times
I'm sure there will be a number of them going off across the Metro area. I used to like to park near 84th an Federal and watch a bunch of them going off at once and not be caught in the traffic afterwards. The problem is that you're not really close to any one of them.

Behind home plate at Coors Field, Arvada, Aurora, I think there's usually one at Jefferson County Fair Grounds, Jefferson County fair grounds may be a good one. I guess the Colorado Rapids display at 60th and Quebec at 10 is supposed to be a good one.

Old 06-29-2007, 07:00 PM

Also Folsom Field in Boulder is very good. Louisville has some good ones on the golf course as well.

Old 06-29-2007, 07:33 PM

Just found this while looking for something else:

Visit TheDenverChannel.com for breaking news in Denver, CO from KMGH. Denver, Colorado breaking news ... Find out where to go to see fireworks in your area. ...
Denver News, Colorado Breaking News, Denver Weather and Sports - KMGH Denver's Channel 7 - 87k - Jun 28, 2007 -

Old 06-24-2009, 04:55 PM

128 posts, read 437,532 times
Default 4th of July fireworks displays and events...which are "better"?

I was looking at the information on this site:
4th of July 2009 in Colorado | Metromix Denver

and since I'm new in town I'm not sure which ones are more popular (can be good or bad). I like fireworks displays, more-so when I can feel the concussions in my chest, and the closer you can get to them the better. I saw one display in Winona, MN a few years back on the banks of the Mississippi River and we were able to park my car within a couple hundred feet of the launching pad (or whatever it's proper name is). The explosions from that display made my windshield jump (I was laying on the hood of the car with the windshield as a back support) and the concussions were easily felt. I doubt I'll get this experience again especially in a large city but I'm not opposed to smaller towns either.

Are there any good viewing areas west of the city near the foothills that you can watch from afar? I live in Littleton so any activities on the north side of town are a bit out of my way and I loathe holiday traffic so the less driving the better. Although taking the Light Rail in to downtown is also an option, there's a station a few blocks from my home.

Suggestions? I was kind of surprised not to see such a thread yet...then again I like to plan ahead.

Old 06-24-2009, 08:14 PM

Thanks for starting the thread. I started a similar thread on the Omaha forum b/c that is where we are going to be on the 4th. Boulder's display is really neat, but that would entail a trip to Boulder for you. There are probably as good of displays closer to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver