Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 02:23 PM

15 posts, read 63,773 times

Advertisements

Hi - Moving to CO next spring. A bit of a loner, but wanted to get everyone's opinions on being a single, 37 yr old woman living in this area......... You guys on the board are great - have been extremely helpful - thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2007, 03:25 PM

4 posts, read 26,999 times
I'm in the same boat--34 yr old single woman. I'm thinking of moving next spring to the Evergreen/Conifer area. I'm looking into that area primarily based on the lower density. I'm guessing I'll be driving into the city for socializing, but also wonder about the singles scene locally.

Old 08-22-2007, 01:10 PM

Hi Seekingsolace - yep, looks like we may need to go to Denver for the socializing........ Anyone from the area with an opinion??? Can't wait to get out there! Thanks!

Old 08-25-2007, 10:07 AM

4 posts, read 15,597 times
Default Add another one!

I'm single and thirty living in New Orleans right now and I'm so ready for a change. I'm thinking about moving to this area as well, but I don't know anyone there. Sure is hard to think about moving w/o a job already lined up. Any ideas?

Old 08-25-2007, 11:05 AM

Hi KJUNQT - sounds like a lot of us are in the same boat. We should all meet up when we all get out there! It's hard moving when you don't know anyone, but I really feel like its the right decision.......

I'm sooooo ready for a change......I grew up in Florida and have lived in Chicago for the past 8 years - I want out of the rat race! Granted, I know Denver is still a decent size city and has traffic and such, but it's still a huge change from here. And I'm not looking to move in to the city anyway. I was looking in the Co Springs area, but now am thinking of the Evergreen area. I'm going out over Thanksgiving weekend to check it all out.

What do you do for a living? I'm a cpa and I have recruiters lined up for closer to the time - I can't move until the end of April.........sigh.............

Good luck and keep me posted - I'll help if I can!

Old 08-25-2007, 11:59 AM

Thanks ColoradoDreamer.

My dad was in the Military so we moved constantly! I've lived on the Northshore, which is on the other side of Lake Ponchatrain for 8 years. I was trying to decide if I should buy a house when Katrina hit. Now it's all congested and all I think about is leaving. I'm talking mountains, doing some hiking, and just taking deep breaths without being smothered by humidity.

Since you're a CPA you'll know what I'm taking about. Our company does TPA retirement plans and section 125/132 plans. I'm in charge of the 125/132 administration services, then promoted to the trading department where I placed trades on various platforms. Now I'm doing operational projects for the company's president as well as being the "in-house" computer person. Planning on taking the first test to become an accredited pension administrator (APA) in December. It's a small company (30 employees) so I've basically done everything including some plan balancing, Form 5500s and 1099s. Know this is a long explaination, but I've basically been a "jack of all trades" for the company. Think recruiters would be interested?

Old 08-25-2007, 12:49 PM

BTW - ever heard of meetin.org? They have a BIG one in Denver. People get together to just hang out and do activities. Sounds like a good way for newbies like us to meet other people.

Old 09-19-2007, 01:02 PM

Default Hey there KJUNQT!

Sorry - haven't been on the boards lately. I definitely think recruiters would be interested! I do 5500s too.......... I would contact them!

I checked out meetin.org - looks good! There's also another one - meetup.com........

I'm going out over Thanksgiving weekend to check out all the areas.

Good luck with everything!

Old 09-20-2007, 09:18 AM

1 posts, read 4,393 times
Smile Same Boat

I'm in the same boat as all of you! I'm a 35 yr old single women looking to move to Denver in the Spring from Philadelphia. It is a big move for me, since I'll be doing it all by myself. I'll be out over Christmas to check things out but from what I hear the Cherry Creek area is a good place to live for singles, anyone heard the same??? Keep me posted and maybe once we all get out there we can meet up!

Old 10-03-2009, 08:26 AM

1 posts, read 3,640 times
Thumbs up Evergreen singles life

I am single now and have lived in the Conifer/Evergreen area for 23 years. I guess that says it all. It is convenient to Denver for all the socializing and at the same time a great escape from the hustle of the city. You will absolutely love it.

I have a great group of very active single friends. Many, many things to do. Never sitting at home unless you choose to.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 10-03-2009 at 10:31 AM.. Reason: realtor advertising
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of: