Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 03:42 PM

435 posts, read 1,815,328 times

Advertisements

Take a look at move.com or even forrent.com
I used both of those when picking a place. I found an apartment near Highlands Ranch using both of those sites. Good luck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2007, 04:54 PM

226 posts, read 1,219,938 times
i can't tell you where to look for an apartment, but i can tell you where not to look: palomino park. i lived there for a year. at first glance, it looks like a nice place, but there is a lot wrong with it.

first of all, it's a gated community and if you want to have visitors, they have to stop at the guard gate and the guard will have to call you to get your permission to let them in. it's sometimes a bit of a hassle if you have a lot of friends coming over. oftentimes, the line of visitors' cars can be very long. if you forget your electronic gate pass, you will have to wait in the visitors' line.

there is a moth problem at that place, in my opinion. i had moths in my apartment at least a couple times a week and so did my friends who lived there. i'd be sound asleep at night and all of a sudden i'd be awakened by my window blinds vibrating. i'd go to open the blinds and a moth would fly right at my face. i hate those disgusting creatures. there are lots of rabbits, too. you'll see squished ones all over the place.

if you want internet access, cable, etc., palomino requires you to use a certain provider. when i lived there, it was "american communications." i had cable internet access, which was almost as slow as 56k and was down half the time. i don't know what the situation is now, but i think they eventually got rid of american communications due to the massive number of complaints.

other complaints:
the parking spaces are too small; your car will get dinged. maintenance people are slow to fix anything. street lighting is bad. office staff are hardly ever in the office. they will leave a sign that says "will be back at 1:30" but they won't be. there are two entrances to palomino park. the main entrance has no stoplight and most people will need to make a left turn across traffic to get to the main highway. this can be a harrowing experience at busy times.

positives: gave me back my entire security deposit despite accidentally putting a big hole in the wall. nice main clubhouse. close proximity to groceries, mall, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of: