Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2011, 08:56 AM

3 posts, read 3,238 times

Advertisements

I am a 30 y/o single male traveling in from NYC to check out the city for a week and looking for some recommendations as to where to stay. I see the downtown hotels are pricey and being I will not be spending much time in the hotel it wont make sense to spend $200/night. I will be renting a car for the week (so would rather not spend $$ everyday to park at the hotel) and living in NYC I have no trouble walking 20 blocks to get to where I need to go or jumping in a taxi. I would like to get a feel for the downtown area, shopping, restaurant/sports bar scene since I am more of a city person but also wouldnt mind taking a drive to see what the outer city has to offer. I will not be doing any outdoor activities such as skiing, but I am all for checking out parks/zoo etc. I will also be going to Coors field to see the Rockies vs Mets! Sorry for the long post! Thanks in advance for the feedback...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2011, 09:05 AM

17,710 posts, read 29,829,274 times
Default Possible Hotels

Residence Inn Denver Downtown: Denver Extended Stay Hotels with a rack rate of $129+tax

Hotels in Denver, Colorado - Hilton Garden Inn Cherry Creek $149+tax

http://www.comfortinn.com/hotel-denver-colorado-CO192 $69+tax (for other hotels near this one, search The Google for "hotels 80207")

Last edited by davebarnes; 11-26-2011 at 09:23 AM..

Old 11-27-2011, 04:17 PM

254 posts, read 513,473 times
Maybe you could consider a hostel? Since you'll be out and about quite a bit, you probably won't be spending much time in your room. I've never stayed in one in Denver (but have in other cities), but here are a few you may want to consider: Hostels in Denver, Colorado | Book Online at Hostelworld.com Good luck!

Old 11-27-2011, 04:51 PM

2,325 posts, read 5,510,442 times
Before I moved here, stayed for a week at the Holiday Inn Cherry Creek. It was a great deal and is definitely the nicest Holiday Inn I've ever stayed at. It is also a great location if you don't mind being about 15 minutes from downtown. It even has a nice bar.
Denver Hotels | Holiday Inn Select Denver – Cherry Creek

Old 11-27-2011, 06:56 PM

17,710 posts, read 29,829,274 times
Default A good choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoisjongalt View Post
stayed for a week at the Holiday Inn Cherry Creek.
$112+tax
I <sarcasm>love</sarcasm> "hotel" photography.
The photos for this Holiday Inn are amazing.
I used to live 1.3 miles from this hotel and you would never associate real life with the photos on the website.
It is a good deal and I would add it to my list in a previous post.

Old 11-28-2011, 01:01 PM

556 posts, read 1,200,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoisjongalt View Post
Before I moved here, stayed for a week at the Holiday Inn Cherry Creek. It was a great deal and is definitely the nicest Holiday Inn I've ever stayed at. It is also a great location if you don't mind being about 15 minutes from downtown. It even has a nice bar.
Denver Hotels | Holiday Inn Select Denver &ndash; Cherry Creek
if you stay here i would seriously consider renting a bike instead of a car. the hotel is right on the cherry creek bike path and a 20 minute ride to downtown. you wouldn't have to deal with traffic and parking every night.

Old 11-28-2011, 08:29 PM

207 posts, read 481,208 times
Default Biking is Stellar

Denver B-Cycle makes it easy and cheap
$30/month $20/week

Old 12-01-2011, 06:28 PM

6,288 posts, read 11,782,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiea1120 View Post
I am a 30 y/o single male traveling in from NYC to check out the city for a week and looking for some recommendations as to where to stay. I see the downtown hotels are pricey and being I will not be spending much time in the hotel it wont make sense to spend $200/night.
Whenever I've used services such as priceline and such, I've never spent more than $100/night in the downtown hotels.

Quote:
I will not be doing any outdoor activities such as skiing, but I am all for checking out parks/zoo etc. I will also be going to Coors field to see the Rockies vs Mets! Sorry for the long post! Thanks in advance for the feedback...
Washington Park is a really neat place to hang out, especially in Spring/Summer. It's my favorite park in Denver.

For night time activity, I can suggest Jazz at Jack's club on the 16th street mall downtown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of: