Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2007, 08:30 PM

214 posts, read 241,861 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon View Post
Who are you to say we can't cut down where we are originally from? Frankly, the only thing I miss is the Great Lakes, and I lived in the midwest for over 20 years. I welcome the very occasional blizzard we get as an alternative to snow (and the inevitable ice) on the ground for several weeks at a time without fail every year. If you wanna cut down CO, go ahead. I'll just put you in the file marked "people that belong in 2-season climates".
Can you place me in "the people who like 4-season climates"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2007, 07:51 AM

48 posts, read 180,736 times
I just talked with some of the teachers in the Denver Public School System and evidently it is a bit difficult to find a full-time teaching position. I would suggest going to the Denver Public Schools web site and reading through all the available information. Here is the link: Welcome to Human Resources

Obviously this is only Denver so you could go to other counties' respective web sites to find out their school information.

Old 09-16-2007, 08:41 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie_Blair View Post
I just talked with some of the teachers in the Denver Public School System and evidently it is a bit difficult to find a full-time teaching position. I would suggest going to the Denver Public Schools web site and reading through all the available information. Here is the link: Welcome to Human Resources

Obviously this is only Denver so you could go to other counties' respective web sites to find out their school information.
I think you will hear much the same from all of them. However, people do get teaching jobs here, so there is hope. I know people who sub; one of my friends is signed up w/2 districts and says she could work full-time (subbing) if she wanted to.

Old 09-16-2007, 11:03 AM

3 posts, read 10,271 times
Default From a Native Coloradoan!!

Hi there! I am native of Colorado, growing up and raising my children in Denver (my husband is also a native, growing up in Leadville in the mountains). I must say that I LOVE THIS STATE. I've traveled a lot in my lifetime and just can say there is no where else I would rather be! I'd like to respond to some of the questions you had regarding:

Schools: The schools systems here are outstanding; Douglas, Arapahoe and Jefferson County schools three of the best. Douglas and Arapahoe are huge districts in the southeast and southwest of the Denver Metro Area (15-30 minutes from downtown Denver and Jefferson County in the West) and good teachers are always in demand here.

Cost of Living: Compared to other US cities, Denver is not as high as most, but more expensive than some others. I know this doesn't give you exact numbers, but you can find housing in nearly every price range depending on the part of town. The good news is, our home values are holding steady and even appreciating due to the fact we are a popular destination city!

Starting a new life here: Denver has the western mentality of being friendly and easygoing. You hear "thank you", "how are you", "your welcome"...sometimes more than you want to!! The majority of people in Denver are here because they chose to be (whenever I tell someone I'm a native, they say "really"??). The resources for starting a new life here are emense. And may I add that many people I meet, especially in my business, as a Realtor for Keller Williams, worry about moving because they have such great neighbors!

Yes, I'm a real estate consultant, but also a Colorado native. I have two sons 21 and 26; the 26 year old lives and works in Aspen and just can't give up living in a ski resort just yet. And first things first, when it comes to getting a ski pass for the winter season! Some of the best skiing in Keystone/Copper Mountain is less than 1-1/2 hours from Denver! And hiking trails are all over in town as well as in the foothills.

Sorry if I'm rambling, but I am so proud to live here and enjoy the four seasons and 360 days of sunshine. If I can answer any other questions for you or assist you in your move to Colorado (whether you want to rent or buy), please contact me. It's not only my business, but my passion! Indianapolis is a great city, but I know you'll love this state and the people in it as well!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver