Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 02:56 PM

2 posts, read 9,656 times

Advertisements

To all people who have lived in or live in these cities:
Where would be better for a single guy, Denver or Boulder? I'm 22 and ready to move in a few months. I love the energy of a city, but also love scenic views and quite time. I'd like to be close (walking distance) to bars/clubs, parks, people... If you answer Denver or Boulder, can you please tell me the general area (se, nw, ect) that would best suit me? Thanks for the help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2007, 08:28 PM

214 posts, read 241,522 times
Go to Boulder if your a liberal, well-off, wannabe hippie. You can still live in Denver and be close to city parks. They have a large city park system. In Boulder you can go hike up the foothills though. Boulder is a lot more expensive, and also it's nightlife is for college students. In Denver it both Non-college students and College students. I see you're 22, so you would be a good age for the Boulder crowd. I personally liked living in the city of Denver (capitol hill), and taking a bus or driving to Boulder when I felt like going there then the other way around.

Last edited by RowJimmy; 09-15-2007 at 09:27 PM..

Old 09-16-2007, 07:45 AM

48 posts, read 180,648 times
I'm not a guy but I worked with a lot of single young guys in North Boulder and they all lived in Denver and commuted to Boulder. Boulder is great...my favorite city in all of Colorado...but it's nightlife is mediocre compared to Denver. It's easy to commute between the two cities.

And Boulder is not just full of liberal, well-off, wannabe hippies! Boulder has quite the reputation but it's the best place to be if you are active and want to live in an active community (biking, rock climbing, hiking, running, etc). Also, it's full of college students so most of the nightlife is with college aged students. You'd have to decide if that's a pro or con to you.

Old 09-18-2007, 01:46 PM

2 posts, read 9,656 times
Thanks for the input

Old 09-18-2007, 02:10 PM

226 posts, read 1,219,467 times
go to boulder.

Old 09-18-2007, 03:02 PM

2,756 posts, read 12,972,115 times
Both are nice. Boulder is considered to be expensive, but if you live in Central or Downtown Denver your rent is likely to be similar and I doubt you'll want to live in the relatively cheaper suburbs given your situation. Boulder is certainly more affluent and has less urban poverty, but can't really match the urban amenities or nightlife of Denver (though it does come surprisingly close given its size). Boulder does have a nice foothills setting with great views of the flatirons, though Denver has better access to I-70 and routes to the mountains (though Boulder does have the Boulder Canyon).

Really, I think you have some good choices either way. I think part of it will depend on what you want. In Denver, most 22-24 year olds are likely to be starting jobs and careers. In Boulder, many of the people in your general age range will be finishing up their college or starting grad school. Which do you prefer?

Old 06-19-2010, 03:52 PM

9 posts, read 32,302 times
Default Boulder or Denver for Singles?

So moving back to CO and trying to determine if Bouder or Denver is more suitable. I loved how close to the mountains Boulder was and really disliked the Denver vibe; but that was when I was in college.

Now I am professionally established, not married, late 30s, better than decent salary, love outdoor activities, don't mind being single but open to dating; into the whole organic healthy living thing but want to be in an area where people are open to newcomers and making new friends.

Generally like to get in a run or a trailrun during weekdays and just getting into rock-climbing and longer, more challenging hikes and other like activities on the weekends. i like to be out and about; not home much so it's important that i can make friends to do things with. did some mt biking in Boulder when i was younger, loved the area; didn't really take notice of the people.

Dating would be nice but at this point have pretty-much come to terms with a single lifestyle. thanks.

Old 06-19-2010, 05:06 PM

11,825 posts, read 34,420,440 times
Where is work?

Old 06-19-2010, 05:20 PM

9 posts, read 32,302 times
westminster or broomfield

Old 06-20-2010, 11:52 AM

556 posts, read 1,199,720 times
it's a matter of priorities. if you want to be able to go hiking and mt biking without getting in your car, live in boulder. if you want more nightlife options and cheaper housing come to denver. personally, i would live in boulder if work wasn't in denver.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver