Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 12:03 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,434,173 times

Advertisements

Has anyone tried getting GABF tickets on the street prior to the event?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2012, 02:09 PM

659 posts, read 1,014,636 times
Whats that? Since you posted it I ruled out sports so it must be food or alcohol related?

Old 10-12-2012, 02:27 PM

2,394 posts, read 5,000,289 times
Great American Beer Festival, the big beer festival in Denver where the tickets sold out in like 45 minutes or something silly

Old 10-12-2012, 02:43 PM

459 posts, read 807,709 times
Yes I have in previous years. In the past (including last year) it was fairly easy to get them at or bellow face if you find a group of brewers that may have some extras. Last year I even got some free ones for some friends from a waiter who couldn't go, and got them as a tip from some of the brewers.

So yes the tickets are usually flowing around the convention center, but due to the extraordinary demand this year I am not sure on what the prices will be. I know some scalpers were asking and getting a 50% premium to face + fees last year. Look for people leaving the Hyatt in groups and put some fingers up, and odds are you will find a brewer whose company had more tickets than they needed.

Old 10-12-2012, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snikt View Post
Great American Beer Festival, the big beer festival in Denver where the tickets sold out in like 45 minutes or something silly

I am allergic to beer, probably why I didn't know.

Old 10-13-2012, 11:29 AM

352 posts, read 713,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ming Ming View Post
I am allergic to beer, probably why I didn't know.
Allergic to beer? That's both sad and tragic at the same time. My condolences.

Old 10-13-2012, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushhournewb View Post
Allergic to beer? That's both sad and tragic at the same time. My condolences.

lol, well I can drink any other alcohol just not beer.

Old 10-14-2012, 07:10 AM

4,738 posts, read 4,434,173 times
The mission was succesful. I paid face value for 1 ticket. I got a standard ticket master ticket, and was let in without issue.

Some people were selling tickets that were printed out. I..e the online tickets. I may of bought one of those, but after thinking about. .

1) have one GABF ticket
2) make 10 copies
3) sell

so that is the risk, I think, with the home printed tickets.

Also for the Allergy - there were a variety of brewers with Gluten Free Beer, which I'm wondering would serve the allergy. maybe. Apparently if your allergic there is a protein. . .who knows, not worth the trouble I suppose

Old 10-14-2012, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
The mission was succesful. I paid face value for 1 ticket. I got a standard ticket master ticket, and was let in without issue.

Some people were selling tickets that were printed out. I..e the online tickets. I may of bought one of those, but after thinking about. .

1) have one GABF ticket
2) make 10 copies
3) sell

so that is the risk, I think, with the home printed tickets.

Also for the Allergy - there were a variety of brewers with Gluten Free Beer, which I'm wondering would serve the allergy. maybe. Apparently if your allergic there is a protein. . .who knows, not worth the trouble I suppose

I dont know what I am allergic to. I always get an intense headache and I sweat a lot. No idea whats in beer to make me so ill.

Old 10-14-2012, 06:24 PM

352 posts, read 713,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ming Ming View Post
I dont know what I am allergic to. I always get an intense headache and I sweat a lot. No idea whats in beer to make me so ill.
It's the idea that you're gonna lose control and start dancing on the tables. The pain of thinking of having all that fun causes the sweat. Nothing to worry about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver