Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2012, 09:24 AM

8 posts, read 12,049 times

Advertisements

me and my family has never been out of massachusetts before but we really would love to live in denver so that we can get away from family lol, we dont know much about how to relocate since we never have done this before, what steps should we take? it would be the hubby, our too boys 4yrs and 7months old, we know we would like an apartment nothing expencive(we would like to find somthing under 850) or a rent to own but we have no credit so that could be a issue.... i dont know what part we would like to go to but i would like somthing thats close to evreything since we might not have a car going up there... can anyone tell me what will be the best fit and how to start the process plz!!! thank you in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2012, 09:57 AM

1,512 posts, read 1,822,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livinlife13 View Post
me and my family has never been out of massachusetts before but we really would love to live in denver so that we can get away from family lol, we dont know much about how to relocate since we never have done this before, what steps should we take? it would be the hubby, our too boys 4yrs and 7months old, we know we would like an apartment nothing expencive(we would like to find somthing under 850) or a rent to own but we have no credit so that could be a issue.... i dont know what part we would like to go to but i would like somthing thats close to evreything since we might not have a car going up there... can anyone tell me what will be the best fit and how to start the process plz!!! thank you in advance
I think that the consensus is that one shouldn't move here until employment is secured.

Old 11-24-2012, 11:46 AM

5,528 posts, read 12,672,056 times
livinlife13, there is a wealth of information on this forum that addresses many of your concerns, including employment, schools, cost of living, affordable rents, good neighborhoods, etc., etc., etc. There have also been discussions about whether or not one could live in Denver without a car.

Please send some time looking through the various threads on this forum to get yourself educated. You say you want to live in Denver to "get away from family", but that's an awfully big leap from Massachusetts without any idea of what you're doing. There are tons of places in the country that have lower costs of living, which it sounds like you need. I agree with Homogenizer that you need to figure out where you and hubby can get jobs. If you can't get work, then nothing else matters.

Old 11-24-2012, 12:30 PM

we chose denver cause we both are very out door people and we both would like the change, im just wondering what parts i can look at for what we need... apartments that are around 850 and somthing where theres nightlife and of course parks for the kids..... i just dont know where to start looking, if someone can juss point me into the direction i need to look i would apreciate it

Old 11-24-2012, 01:09 PM

20 posts, read 26,794 times
I just moved to Denver so I can't help you as where to live but just reading a little about you I sound very young and I think it would be a bad idea to make such a move to any state at the moment. You have no credit, you didn't mention work, doesn't sound like you have any money saved. Have you even been to Colorado?

I am single and I have family here to live with and I have no dependents to worry about. Why don't you stay put for a couple years until you can afford to make such a move.

Old 11-24-2012, 01:10 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,462,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Homogenizer View Post
I think that the consensus is that one shouldn't move here until employment is secured.

This should be where you start. What is affordable depends on your income. Where the best place to live will depend on where you are working. It starts with the job.

Old 11-24-2012, 01:13 PM

we have 3000 saved up, the hubby is looking for work there, he wants to get into the IT feild, (information technology) im 24 the hubby is 23

Old 11-24-2012, 02:29 PM

17,710 posts, read 29,829,274 times
Default See above

Quote:
if someone can juss [sic] point me into [sic] the direction i need to look i would apreciate [sic] it
Hawaii gave you an excellent response.

Old 11-24-2012, 02:55 PM

1,512 posts, read 1,822,487 times
Quote:
we chose denver cause we both are very out door people and we both would like the change, im just wondering what parts i can look at for what we need... apartments that are around 850 and somthing where theres nightlife and of course parks for the kids..... i just dont know where to start looking, if someone can juss point me into the direction i need to look i would apreciate it
With respect, they're not helping you because your grammar and stated values reveal that you're ghetto, but their culture is such that they have to do this degrading dance. From what I've gleaned to be the local perspective, you're an undesirable, but to maintain the facade of their perversion of friendliness they can think and believe that someone like you is undesirable but they can't explicitly state it.

Believe it or not, they've done you a huge favor. It's much worse in person.

Old 11-24-2012, 02:57 PM

thank you evreyone!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver