Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2012, 09:43 AM

12 posts, read 16,487 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are moving to Denver all the way from London, England. She’s American, I’m British and we decided on Denver to be near the mountains, family and job opportunities. There’s going to be loads we miss about England, so help us out and let us know what you love about Denver and the area. Could be anything, food, drink, parks, places, meetups, whatever

We’re into snowboarding and beer (home brewers and big fans of craft beer) and can both kayak so we should find plenty to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2012, 10:13 AM
hts

762 posts, read 2,163,368 times
Can you bring me a carton of Crunchies, please?

Old 11-26-2012, 10:34 AM

Haha, no problem

Old 11-26-2012, 02:16 PM

4,306 posts, read 13,471,916 times
What I Love About Denver (SO reminiscent of "What I did on my holidays" )

1) So close to the mountains! Even if you didn't ski or snowboard just being to drive up there and explore is amazing
2) Some pretty good museums (eg; Colorado History, Denver Art Museum, Kirkland)
3) Some pretty good restaurants with lots of brewpubs
4) Movies are $6 / £3.75 for matinees and about $9 / £5.60 for evening
5) The cost of petrol is apparently going down around here
6) A great Zoo with the Science Museum close by as well as City Park
7) A fairly new IKEA
8) Thanks to I-25, it's fairly easy to drive to places such as New Mexico, Wyoming, Utah
9) Some great national parks you can drive to (Rocky Mountain, Mesa Verde, Dinosaur)

Old 11-26-2012, 03:03 PM

17,710 posts, read 29,823,179 times
Default Food?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hts View Post
Can you bring me a carton of Crunchies, please?
Crunchies?
Cadbury Crunchie Bars (Case of 24): Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food

Old 11-27-2012, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilaili View Post
What I Love About Denver (SO reminiscent of "What I did on my holidays" )

1) So close to the mountains! Even if you didn't ski or snowboard just being to drive up there and explore is amazing
2) Some pretty good museums (eg; Colorado History, Denver Art Museum, Kirkland)
3) Some pretty good restaurants with lots of brewpubs
4) Movies are $6 / £3.75 for matinees and about $9 / £5.60 for evening
5) The cost of petrol is apparently going down around here
6) A great Zoo with the Science Museum close by as well as City Park
7) A fairly new IKEA
8) Thanks to I-25, it's fairly easy to drive to places such as New Mexico, Wyoming, Utah
9) Some great national parks you can drive to (Rocky Mountain, Mesa Verde, Dinosaur)
Yeah, I reckon being close to the mountains is going to be great. Looking forward to chucking a couple of bikes in the back of the car and finding somewhere good to ride. Lots of brewpubs? Cool! Any recommendations?

Old 11-27-2012, 07:49 AM

4,306 posts, read 13,471,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeb1 View Post
Yeah, I reckon being close to the mountains is going to be great. Looking forward to chucking a couple of bikes in the back of the car and finding somewhere good to ride. Lots of brewpubs? Cool! Any recommendations?
Wynkoop near LoDo (Lower Downtown) is pretty good and there a tons more outside of Denver too

See if you can smuggle in some Black Pudding would you?

Old 11-27-2012, 12:47 PM

Wynkoop looks like my kinda place! Even getting to learn some lingo lol - LoDo

Black pudding through customs could be interesting That's exactly the random sort of thing I reckon I'll miss uncontrollably after a year or so!

Old 11-27-2012, 04:09 PM

103 posts, read 291,997 times
Denver and Boulder have lots of brew pubs. One of my favorites is Mountain Sun and Southern Sun in Boulder. In Denver they have Vine St. Brewery. There is an entire thread about Denver and beer if you want more info.

I love the weather and the outdoor activities and the proximity to the mountains.

Old 11-28-2012, 07:20 AM

Cheers for the recommendations, I found the beer thread. Looking forward to the move more and more

Need to learn why people don't understand when I say water - my wife literally had to translate maybe if I try to say wah-dah
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver