Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2013, 06:22 AM

4,738 posts, read 4,434,679 times

Advertisements

Learning / learn / skiing

Loveland Ski Area :: Colorado Ski Snowboarding Resort, Skiing Season Pass, Ski School

I'm a ski beginner, not a master. Most greens in Colorado are still pretty scary to me, but i'm getting better.

Yet if your new to Denver, or new to Skiing, I think loveland pass is a great place to start

1) short drive, as long as there is no traffic. Just before the Eisenhower tunnel (and the divide) loveland pass ski area is about an hour from downtown without traffic. It is on the interstate (versus WinterPark, which you have a nice drive over a pass to make it that park)

2) geared for newbies area. A small hill, slower lift. but a big ski area once your done (well fairly big)

3)The three pack lesson is awesome. You get 1 full day, 2 1/2 day lessons. When you sign up, you get a season pass. This is the best deal out there for beginners

4) you can just do the first day, almost risk free, and not pay for the other two if thats your style. The first day also comes with ski-bibs, and other winter clothing. . you can come pretty unprepared.

so now i've gradued to the main mountain, and I'm having fun. Getting ready to go this morning in 30minutes. . to beat the traffic

See you on the slopes!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2013, 07:27 AM

11,477 posts, read 11,559,641 times
Good review, but that is Loveland Valley, not Loveland Pass. Loveland Pass is the road you drive over if you continue past Loveland ski area. There is some backcountry skiing on the pass so if you tell someone you ski at Loveland Pass, they will likely think you were skiing backcountry.

Loveland ski area is divided in to two parts: Loveland Valley which is the beginner area and Loveland Basin which is the more advanced mountain.

Glad you are getting on the hill! I learned to ski at Loveland when I was 3 years old. It's a great mountain.

Old 02-18-2013, 01:47 PM

2,281 posts, read 3,034,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
Learning / learn / skiing

Loveland Ski Area :: Colorado Ski Snowboarding Resort, Skiing Season Pass, Ski School

I'm a ski beginner, not a master.
No need to be a master. go throw yourself down some black runs. You will quickly figure out the best way to stop and turn. Then greens will not worry you so much, hahahaha

Old 02-18-2013, 01:57 PM

356 posts, read 624,200 times
Good review. I ride Loveland all the time- and is, for the most part, a hidden gem that I'd like to keep that way so ssshhhhhhh! ;-)

However when I teach my kids to ride/ski it will most likely be at Ski Cooper. They have a $10 ticket for the learner hill that will go towards a regular (cheap) mountain ticket.

Also, I can have my wife and kids on the slope and cruise up (you ought to like this OP) "Chicago" Ridge in the cat.

You can see Keystone off in the distance (the best way to see Keystone IMHO)

Once you get up to it hit the Ridge at Loveland on a bluebird day!

Old 02-18-2013, 02:03 PM

356 posts, read 624,200 times
From The Ridge with Keystone off in the distance (the best way to experience Keystone IMHO)

Looking east towards the Valley

Stuck on the way to the top when people don't realize there's a beginner side...

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver