Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2013, 05:41 PM

7 posts, read 15,762 times

Advertisements

So, I've made it to Denver and I'm holed up in a Motel until I can find somewhere to live. I REALLY need a house. I see LOTS of apartments but I play drums and other instruments, so...

Anyway, it seems a good number of rental house listings on Craigslist are a scam in one way or another, definitely not legitimate at the very least. I've tried Zillow and Trulia and keep running into the same thing.

The weather is kind of ****ty right now to be just driving around looking for rental signs, especially since I don't know my way around as is it.

So does anyone know of any property management or leasing companies that are legitimate? Any other suggestions??

I'm kind of at a loss of what else to do, which is kind of making me start to freak out just a little bit.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2013, 06:19 PM

11,474 posts, read 11,562,622 times
Padmapper.com

Old 04-17-2013, 07:10 PM

1,912 posts, read 4,689,514 times
Seriously, best of luck finding a house. My husband plays a similarly loud instrument and has pretty much given up that hobby (we couldn't seem to find a house to rent within our budget of <$1500 that didn't fly off the rental market within hours of listing). Padmapper will help, you just have to be quick with a sizeable budget--just know Padmapper pulls from Craigslist (among other sources). Scammers exist for sure on CL, but I've rented 4 places now off Craigslist with no issues. HotPads is another resource you might use.

Old 04-17-2013, 07:15 PM

17,710 posts, read 29,829,274 times
Default Shortage of rentals. but

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kind of Blue View Post
So, I've made it to Denver...
no shortage of emoticons.

Old 04-17-2013, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
no shortage of emoticons.
I think they're funny. Thanks for your help.

Old 04-17-2013, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billiken View Post
Seriously, best of luck finding a house. My husband plays a similarly loud instrument and has pretty much given up that hobby (we couldn't seem to find a house to rent within our budget of <$1500 that didn't fly off the rental market within hours of listing). Padmapper will help, you just have to be quick with a sizeable budget--just know Padmapper pulls from Craigslist (among other sources). Scammers exist for sure on CL, but I've rented 4 places now off Craigslist with no issues. HotPads is another resource you might use.
Well that's discouraging. However, playing music isn't a hobby I can just give up. I've been playing since I was a child; it's just part of life, unfortunately. Life would be easier if I weren't a musician, for sure. I will live in a storage unit if that's what it takes to be able to make some noise. I'm getting discouraged, admittedly, and I've nowhere else to go.

Old 04-18-2013, 08:11 AM

6 posts, read 21,588 times
Find a rental NEAR a place with storage units? Keep your music equipment there and practice outside of your home?

Old 04-18-2013, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by c703 View Post
Find a rental NEAR a place with storage units? Keep your music equipment there and practice outside of your home?
That HAD occurred to me. I've been looking for climate controlled storage with electricity, and they're not so easy to find. Not exactly cheap, either. So If I'm paying rent on an apt and a climate controlled storage unit, I'm paying enough to have a decent house. But I haven't ruled it out as an option, but finding a "rehearsal" space, let alone an affordable one, is not so easy in itself.

I'd love to find some sort of commercial property with a small loft or apt in it, but I've had no luck finding anything like that, either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of: