Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2013, 07:07 PM

238 posts, read 696,306 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone.

Can you recommend any tennis centers/athletic clubs with tennis courts near the Castle Rock area? I'm willing to travel a fair bit (north or south) for a great facility and price combination although downtown Denver is probably out.

I'm an advanced beginner - intermediate player and am not so much interested in competitive play. Instead, I enjoy ball machine drills, group classes, pick-up round robin games, and sometimes private lessons.

Thanks everyone!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2013, 09:16 PM

654 posts, read 1,910,472 times
Gates Tennis Center sounds like the kind of place you are looking for but the location is wrong. It's up near the Cherry Creek Shopping Center. I'm giving the link for more info but hope you are able to find someplace closer.

Gates Tennis Center | Denver, CO 80209

Old 05-22-2013, 09:27 PM

142 posts, read 243,706 times
I would check in with these people who can probably help you around Castle Rock.

Welcome to Douglas County Tennis - Castle Rock, Colorado

Old 05-23-2013, 09:10 AM

254 posts, read 513,473 times
Although quite a distance from Castle Rock, Highlands Ranch has the Lesback tennis center (Lebsack Tennis Center | Highlands Ranch) and the Northridge Rec Center has an indoor tennis pavilion. I believe all four Recreation Centers have outdoor courts too. The venues offer lessons, drills, and leagues. I'm currently taking advanced beginner lessons at Lesback, which has nice courts and a ball machine.

Old 05-23-2013, 11:37 AM

Thank you for all of the suggestions, everyone!

I'm also looking into the new tennis facility they are building off of Dry Creek Rd.

Old 05-25-2013, 02:49 PM

Hi All:

I wanted to follow-up with my decision.

After consideration, the new Lifetime Fitness tennis facility they are building is the best cost/value bundle for my needs. Since this facility won't be open until September for outdoor courts and November for the indoor building, they have a founding tennis program where members have a heavily discounted initiation fee and discounted monthly dues since you are signing up early. Read: much less than Greenwood Tennis Facility and a few others I called.

I believe there are 10 indoor courts and 10 outdoor courts, some of which are clay. No court fees for outdoor courts.

Looking for other beginner - intermediate players to play a few sets with so if any of you are considering a tennis club or don't mind paying guest fees, please PM me. Bonus: I believe we both receive money off for referrals.

Last edited by Pequeño_Bonsai; 05-25-2013 at 02:51 PM.. Reason: spelling
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver