Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2014, 03:06 PM

17,710 posts, read 29,829,274 times

Advertisements

The only problem with the Mayfair address is that it is on 14th Ave.
13th and 14th are both 1-way and get a LOT of traffic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2014, 03:20 PM

897 posts, read 1,253,338 times
I'm With the other posters on recommendation for Montclair of the three but wanted to add have you considered an extended stay hotel? Extended Stay America specifically has two locations and it is not just furnished but has internet access, laundry access, front staff to ask questions, etc

Just offering up the idea. Good luck on your move

Old 04-24-2014, 03:43 PM

130 posts, read 163,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayoitzrimz View Post
I'm With the other posters on recommendation for Montclair of the three but wanted to add have you considered an extended stay hotel? Extended Stay America specifically has two locations and it is not just furnished but has internet access, laundry access, front staff to ask questions, etc

Thanks. Haven't looked specifically at Extended Stay, but have looked at others (as well as corporate-type short-term housing), and they are all really expensive. So far, AirBnB seems like it'll fit our needs (though our timing is bad—start of summer vacation season—and places are booking up fast).

Old 04-24-2014, 04:15 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,944,218 times
This is like one of those "Which one doesn't belong?" tests.

Coal, Coal, Diamond.

Old 04-24-2014, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayoitzrimz View Post

I stand corrected—just checked out Extended Stay America, and they are WAY cheaper than any other long-term hotel (like Embassy or Residence Inn). The only drawback is that they don't seem to have any 1-bedroom suites (e.g., living area separate from sleeping area), just one big hotel-like room. Not sure that would work very well for 2 adults and a 2-year-old kid, even if only for one month.

But thanks for the tip, we'll keep it under consideration!

Old 04-24-2014, 06:51 PM

If I may trouble you all about one more neighborhood, how about this one:

https://goo.gl/maps/AO5Xl

I think this is "Speer"? Looks like a good area, I think? (perhaps "Wash Park-adjacent")

Old 04-24-2014, 09:06 PM

5,089 posts, read 15,404,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stricklandia View Post

I think this is "Speer"? Looks like a good area, I think? (perhaps "Wash Park-adjacent")
This is the Official Spear neighborhood but it is really known more as Alamo Placita. It has its own neighborhood organization Alamo Placita Neighbors Association

Many official neighborhoods have smaller neighborhoods within as Mayfair in Montclair or have been known by other names in history, so hence you find many names and associations.

I think it is a very nice area that is accessible to many other good urban places with shopping and services. I would live there.

Now you should realize that Denver is composed of many different neighborhoods which give it a variety of characteristics and a feeling of place and communities.

Livecontent

Last edited by livecontent; 04-24-2014 at 09:15 PM..

Old 04-24-2014, 09:23 PM

286 posts, read 351,754 times
yup. go for montclair.

Old 04-25-2014, 07:16 AM

459 posts, read 807,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stricklandia View Post

Relative to Montclair/Mayfair the area of Alamo Placita/Speer is more urban, has more within walking distance, and is a bit more singles oriented (although plenty of families do live there). If you are considering living right on 5th vs living right on 14th 5th will have substantially less traffic, but just to the north 6th is quite busy in that part of the city. I would say both are considered 'good' neighborhoods to live in by a majority of Denverites but just have different characteristics.

Old 04-25-2014, 10:08 AM

Thanks again, everyone! We just booked our 1-month AirBnB stay at the Alamo Placita/Speer place. Looking forward to our move—Denver, here we come! (with all the other hordes)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of: