Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2014, 04:32 PM

10 posts, read 11,337 times

Advertisements

We are relocating to Denver in June and would like to know from someone who actually commutes from Stapleton to Greenwood Village Tech Center if the commute is too long. Is lifestyle in Stapleton worth the commute? All opinions are welcome! Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2014, 06:04 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,944,218 times
1/2 hour, maybe a little more. Take side streets, as you don't want to be heading to the I-225/I-25 crush once rush hour has truly started.

Old 05-15-2014, 06:42 PM

3 posts, read 3,908 times
I live in the East Colfax neighborhood (directly south of Stapleton). It takes me 35 minutes to get to work. I take Quebec or Monaco down and get on I-25 at Hampden.

Old 05-16-2014, 12:18 AM

Thanks for your reply! What I want to know is when it rush hour can it take more than one hour to get to TC from Stapleton?
We were there 4 weeks ago and stayed at the Cherry Creek JW Marriot, and it to ok my wife about 45 minutos to get to TC after 5pm! So I asume that to get to Stapleton it could take longer.

Old 05-16-2014, 12:51 AM

1,912 posts, read 4,689,514 times
If you leave before 7AM, heading south from Denver typically isn't too bad (for example, I can get from Congress Park to Lone Tree in 30 minutes if I leave before 7, but if it's the heart of rush hour, this commute can take over an hour).

Old 05-16-2014, 12:53 AM

Billiken- thanks your comment is very helpful!

Old 05-16-2014, 07:11 AM

286 posts, read 351,754 times
So one of the problems with going to/from the DTC around rush hour is that both directions of I-25 are going to be packed - northbound, there are people going from the southern suburbs into downtown in the morning and people from DTC coming back into town/to the northern suburbs in the afternoon. I experienced this annoyance yesterday at 5:15 trying to get from Virginia village to the highlands. It was painful. a 15 min trip took 45 min on I-25

Southbound is similar - just flip the directions... so basically between downtown and the 25/225 junction can be horrid in both directions during rush hour.

Old 05-16-2014, 08:03 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,231,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Expat201 View Post
Thanks for your reply! What I want to know is when it rush hour can it take more than one hour to get to TC from Stapleton?
We were there 4 weeks ago and stayed at the Cherry Creek JW Marriot, and it to ok my wife about 45 minutos to get to TC after 5pm! So I asume that to get to Stapleton it could take longer.
I live in Stapleton and work further south than the Tech Center. I get off the 25 at County Line Rd. So if you're goint to the Greenwood Village area, it would be shorter.

I drop my kids off at school and then come down Monaco to Yale, west on Yale over to the freeway, then south. Unless there's a wreck, traffic moves fairly well going southbound in the morning. I would think you could get from Stapleton to GV in about 30-35 min. If you take the 225 south, it's ALWAYS backed up from about Parker Rd. to the 25. In the afternoon, it's very backed up along the dam heading north, due to construction. Once that construction is done (I would think sometime this summer), it should flow well heading north in the afternoon.

But overall, not a horrible commute.

Old 05-16-2014, 08:56 AM

2,279 posts, read 3,079,872 times
Call me crazy, but why not live within a few miles of Greenwood Village, then? There are some great, family friendly, safe neighborhoods with great schools right around there and you'd be saving untold amount of time and money by cutting your commute drastically down.

Here. Read this:

The True Cost of Commuting

Old 05-16-2014, 09:36 AM

5,528 posts, read 12,672,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shampoobanana View Post
call me crazy, but why not live within a few miles of greenwood village, then? There are some great, family friendly, safe neighborhoods with great schools right around there and you'd be saving untold amount of time and money by cutting your commute drastically down.

Here. Read this:

the true cost of commuting
+5
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver