Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2016, 11:29 AM

371 posts, read 426,287 times

Advertisements

I've been doing some city by city comparisons of a city's attractive people by way of flipping through tinder profiles, and I have to say I'm a bit disappointed in Denver. I've browsed about 50 cities and the only worse one's in terms of attractiveness of people were Albuquerque, Portland and Seattle. This is out of no disrespect, just observations. The criteria for my search is, 1, face: symmetrical and jaw structure. 2, body, hour glass figure and thick with low body fat percentage. Not taking into account style, just purely looks. The most attractive cities I came across according to the amount of tinder profiles that fit my set criteria were Baton Rouge (by far) and Newark, with a special mention of Miami Beach and Houston. New York wasn't bad, I was extremely disappointed with LA. San Jose and DC surprised me in a good way. Underwhelmed with San Francisco.

My theory for why Baton Rouge was #1 is probably the french, african groups, and native ancestry and food they eat along with the hot weather/work out culture which makes for all these people that fit my criteria. For Newark it's probably the jersey shore culture and the emphasis on looks, especially the body.

Now for Denver since I live here: oof, what happened, I know Colorado isn't known for it's attractive people. It's known people who eat well and go for the "natural" look, but where's the mix? There's not many striking people on tinder or walking around. Many people have similar body types, skinny or skinny fit with the pear shape body or the box shape body. Maybe being a mile high up doesn't allow for the criteria I mentioned above to occur in people here.

Old 09-01-2016, 11:47 AM
SQL

1,337 posts, read 1,194,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diallomacedo View Post
I've been doing some city by city comparisons of a city's attractive people by way of flipping through tinder profiles, and I have to say I'm a bit disappointed in Denver. I've browsed about 50 cities and the only worse one's in terms of attractiveness of people were Albuquerque, Portland and Seattle. This is out of no disrespect, just observations. The criteria for my search is, 1, face: symmetrical and jaw structure. 2, body, hour glass figure and thick with low body fat percentage. Not taking into account style, just purely looks. The most attractive cities I came across according to the amount of tinder profiles that fit my set criteria were Baton Rouge (by far) and Newark, with a special mention of Miami Beach and Houston. New York wasn't bad, I was extremely disappointed with LA. San Jose and DC surprised me in a good way. Underwhelmed with San Francisco.

My theory for why Baton Rouge was #1 is probably the french, african groups, and native ancestry and food they eat along with the hot weather/work out culture which makes for all these people that fit my criteria. For Newark it's probably the jersey shore culture and the emphasis on looks, especially the body.

Now for Denver since I live here: oof, what happened, I know Colorado isn't known for it's attractive people. It's known people who eat well and go for the "natural" look, but where's the mix? There's not many striking people on tinder or walking around. Many people have similar body types, skinny or skinny fit with the pear shape body or the box shape body. Maybe being a mile high up doesn't allow for the criteria I mentioned above to occur in people here.
A) Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I happen to think there are many attractive people here. A lot of that has to do with the fact that people tend to be more fit and active here compared to some other metros (particularly in the Midwest and Southeast).

B) You can't judge the attractiveness of all people here based on your Tinder sample size. Besides, who knows how many of those accounts are bots.

Old 09-01-2016, 11:55 AM

191 posts, read 230,686 times
Agreed, on any given day while I'm out and about I notice most people around here look pudgy, fugly, old, or some combination thereof. Lots of flabby/unkempt folks all around

The good-looking/attractive/thin people tend to be found in the upper-income/wealthier areas such as Highlands ranch, cherry Creek, DTC, and similar areas. Boulder is good too, lots of active/health-conscience people up there. I hear Colo springs is not bad.

This state certainly ain't known for attractiveness/SMV, that's for sure.

As I've been researching other states I can't help but notice that "the closer you get to the coastlines, the more attractive people seem to be, and vice versa".

Just for the record I don't consider myself high on the attractiveness scale either, I would rate myself a 6.5/10. Just stating my objective observations/opinions here for any lurkers who are wondering about Denver area.

That said, unlike a lot of these flabby-looking muffin types walking around I at least TRY to stay at an acceptable weight. I weigh around 175-180 lbs with no clothes or shoes, which at my height (around 6'3" or 6'4") is not bad. I am conscience and hyper-aware of high fructose corn syrup, msG, fluoride, aspartame, preservatives, etc and avoid those kinds of chemicals like the plague but still..... on any given day I regularly see these clueless folks gulping down giant 40-50 oz sodas, even though it's the year 2016 and they should know better due to internet prevalence

Companies like Coca Cola shouldn't even exist in this day and age (2016) w/ the sheer wealth of (free) health knowledge that is available on the internet. When I see someone eating at McDonalds or gulping down a 40-50 oz HFCS-loaded soda I just can't help but

~ been here 25+ years and done my share of "people watching" in all kinds of scenarios

Old 09-01-2016, 11:58 AM

760 posts, read 884,107 times
Denver is in my list for most attractive cities actually.

People here are more down to earth, are active (but still like to drink and have fun), would rather buy a new hard shell than some high end boutique garment, would rather rather just wear a hat instead of styling their hair, and facial hair for guys is encouraged. Even though objectively people say guys in say...LA or Miami are "hotter", problem is that those guy are fake and it's all for show basically. I'll take a fun genuine guy who likes to have fun, be active, maybe a little gut, over a fake, muscular, tan, bro-douche any day.

This is coming from a gay male perspective, and I would say most straight females here would agree.

Old 09-01-2016, 12:21 PM
SQL

1,337 posts, read 1,194,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousMiscer View Post
Agreed, on any given day while I'm out and about I notice most people around here look pudgy, fugly, old, or some combination thereof. Lots of flabby/unkempt folks all around

The good-looking/attractive/thin people tend to be found in the upper-income/wealthier areas such as Highlands ranch, cherry Creek, DTC, and similar areas. Boulder is good too, lots of active/health-conscience people up there. I hear Colo springs is not bad.

This state certainly ain't known for attractiveness/SMV, that's for sure.

As I've been researching other states I can't help but notice that "the closer you get to the coastlines, the more attractive people seem to be, and vice versa".

Just for the record I don't consider myself high on the attractiveness scale either, I would rate myself a 6.5/10. Just stating my objective observations/opinions here for any lurkers who are wondering about Denver area.

That said, unlike a lot of these flabby-looking muffin types walking around I at least TRY to stay at an acceptable weight. I weigh around 175-180 lbs with no clothes or shoes, which at my height (around 6'3" or 6'4") is not bad. I am conscience and hyper-aware of high fructose corn syrup, msG, fluoride, aspartame, preservatives, etc and avoid those kinds of chemicals like the plague but still..... on any given day I regularly see these clueless folks gulping down giant 40-50 oz sodas, even though it's the year 2016 and they should know better due to internet prevalence

Companies like Coca Cola shouldn't even exist in this day and age (2016) w/ the sheer wealth of (free) health knowledge that is available on the internet. When I see someone eating at McDonalds or gulping down a 40-50 oz HFCS-loaded soda I just can't help but

~ been here 25+ years and done my share of "people watching" in all kinds of scenarios
Denver has one of the fittest populations according to the majority of those "studies" that are put out. The majority of people I see in my Millennial age group are usually pretty slim. There are anomalies, of course, but they are few and far in between when I compare it to the Midwest where I grew up. I even had a few of my "superficial" buddies visit over the summer and they agreed that the women here were much hotter, on average, than the women back in Metro Detroit. Having tried the dating scene in both places, I have to agree.

A lot has changed here over 25 years. Perhaps, back in the day, this little mountain town was less aware or concerned with its waistline. But with all the young, transient professionals that have moved here as of late, it is apparent to me that people tend to stay more active around here. The bike trails are usually pretty lively throughout the week and weekends. I always see people running for physical activity. There is a gym or yoga studio every few miles it seems. Bike stores are popular here.

I'm not really sure what your observations have been based on (which location exactly), but my observations have been significantly different. Perhaps you need to do less people watching at McDonald's, and check out REI on the weekend, or LoDo on a Friday night.

Old 09-01-2016, 01:13 PM

1,321 posts, read 2,031,619 times
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I find beauty in this city throughout it, what Denver lacks in flash it makes up for in sincerity and heart. Yes, Denver is not as diverse as other coastal cities, but Denver holds it's own in the diversity that it does have. I haven't been able to date someone consistently, but it could be me and my age of hangups. Who knows.

I haven't attended a funeral where someone said she had a nice butt, boobs, face or body. What I have heard is that they were a good person and helped me through some situation. I have heard great stories about when the person has stepped up and did something positive for another person or was there to support someone financially or emotionally or just being present for them.

Beauty fades over time, character doesn't. Cheers!

Old 09-01-2016, 01:36 PM

277 posts, read 306,772 times
Quote:
There's not many striking people on tinder or walking around. Many people have similar body types, skinny or skinny fit
Lol I don't see why this is a negative.

Also, the fact that you found the population in San Jose attractive makes me seriously question your judgement.

Old 09-01-2016, 01:38 PM

11,474 posts, read 11,567,247 times
I travel the country for work. It's all about what you're after. I go to Las Vegas a lot. Some might say the women there are gorgeous, but I find all the makeup very, very fake. I love the fit, outdoorsy types here much more.

Old 09-01-2016, 01:50 PM

5,444 posts, read 6,998,195 times
Quote:
I've been doing some city by city comparisons of a city's attractive people by way of flipping through tinder profiles,
You might call is research, but I call it creepy. Seriously... Tinder? That's the source of your material?

Old 09-01-2016, 01:51 PM

3,887 posts, read 5,750,133 times
If you are looking for thick women than you will not find them in Denver, in Denver there is a huge culture of outdoor fitness, not leading to many thick women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver