Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2014, 07:44 AM

331 posts, read 465,185 times

Advertisements

To the OP, this page has a list of private schools, some of which I think are Christian, which are potentially part of the Douglas County voucher program: https://www.dcsdk12.org/legal-counse...arship-program. Look under "Prospective Private-Partner Schools."

I'm not commenting on the program itself, which is currently tied up in litigation, just pointing you to the list of schools to use in your research, in case you hadn't seen it yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2014, 10:41 AM

91 posts, read 149,562 times
Check out this one! Our pastors wife teaches here and it is a great school that is non denominational Christian. Also, you would probably like Douglas County. It is the most conservative county in Denver.

Southeast Christian

Old 12-23-2014, 11:27 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,218,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicarae1060 View Post
Check out this one! Our pastors wife teaches here and it is a great school that is non denominational Christian. Also, you would probably like Douglas County. It is the most conservative county in Denver.

Southeast Christian
Well, no need to focus on the negative aspects of DougCo

Old 01-01-2015, 11:13 AM

236 posts, read 370,229 times
The only thing they're not "conserving" there is water...

Quality of life otherwise is no different from most other bedroom suburbs.

Old 01-01-2015, 07:06 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,730,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverbytrain View Post
Ambleside is a newer Christian school on county line road in centennial. It has been around I believe 4 years or so, and is growing pretty quickly. It follows a lot of Charlotte Mason's philosophies, so investigate that as well. They cap their class sizes at 16. It's a k-8 school. They have a couple of open houses a year and they also have certain days you can visit.
I've heard great things about this school.

Old 01-01-2015, 08:47 PM

450 posts, read 507,464 times
Our old neighbors raised their kids at Holy Family: Holy Family High School I'm not familiar with the school or the church but I can tell you that all 4 of their children are the greatest kids you'd ever want to know. Someone did somthing right!

The school is right off of I70, so an easy commute from Denver or the burbs.

I'm not religious and hold no judgement although I was raised in a Catholic school for the first eight years. (Brrr....). But that was a long time ago in a different state and there is no valid comparison, so my experience doesn't matter in this conversation.

Old 01-01-2015, 11:41 PM

3,158 posts, read 6,120,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWEvergreen View Post
Our old neighbors raised their kids at Holy Family: Holy Family High School I'm not familiar with the school or the church but I can tell you that all 4 of their children are the greatest kids you'd ever want to know. Someone did somthing right!

The school is right off of I70, so an easy commute from Denver or the burbs.

I'm not religious and hold no judgement although I was raised in a Catholic school for the first eight years. (Brrr....). But that was a long time ago in a different state and there is no valid comparison, so my experience doesn't matter in this conversation.
Holy Family High School is no longer located at 44th and Utica. The high school moved to Broomfield in 1999, and the K-8 school closed in 2003.

The parish is still active, and school buildings were bought by the Jesuits who opened Arrupe Jesuit HS at the site.

A list of all Catholic schools in the Archdiocese of Denver can be found here.

Because the diocese boundaries were created a long time ago, Douglas County actually belongs to the Diocese of Colorado Springs. They are in charge of the Catholic school in Parker.

Old 01-03-2015, 07:03 AM

415 posts, read 606,739 times
I know you want a Christian based school, but Greenwood elementary is one of the cutest schools I've seen. You may at least want to check it out and you could always have them do Sunday school weekly too.
I'm not sure why anyone would care that you want a faith based school and feel the need to put down on you for it. It's just a thread and its not like your knocking on their doors forcing anything on them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver