Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 09:45 PM

267 posts, read 1,361,642 times

Advertisements

Whats the deal about the lack of In-N-Out Burger in Denver, or Colorado for that matter? For some reason I could had had sworn seeing on 9 News a few years back ( 2007 ? ) about how that chain was very serious about opening up shop in Denver. Actually come to think of it I also seem to recall Penny Parker in the Rocky Mountain News saying more/less the same thing that In-N-Out wanted to open locations in Denver, Boulder and Fort Collins.

That was then, this is now.

Last night I was talking to a buddy of mine who lives in Phoenix and according to him he saw on local TV there a news report where In-N-Out mentioned that they have "no desire or interest" as far as coming to Denver. Albuquerque yes but not Denver. If this is true, I wonder why? Afterall that chain does have locations around Salt Lake City, Las Vegas and St. George and if they are serious about Albuquerque ( if my friend was correct ) then it would just make sense to come to Denver. Could it be they are scared of Good Times?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2010, 10:13 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,468,264 times
Their distribution center is in LA and since they don't freeze anything, all of their locations have to close enough to LA have the food still be fresh when it arrives. Even Albuquerque sounds like a stretch. Don't expect to see any locations east of the Rockies unless they open another plant which I don't see happening any time soon.

Old 02-16-2010, 10:32 PM

5,113 posts, read 19,774,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeCalifornia View Post
Their distribution center is in LA and since they don't freeze anything, all of their locations have to close enough to LA have the food still be fresh when it arrives. Even Albuquerque sounds like a stretch. Don't expect to see any locations east of the Rockies unless they open another plant which I don't see happening any time soon.
Unless the granddaughter(or is it daughter?) sells the company/allows franchising in the coming years, which has been the speculation

Old 02-16-2010, 10:49 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,468,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhcompy View Post
Unless the granddaughter(or is it daughter?) sells the company/allows franchising in the coming years, which has been the speculation
If that happens, it'll be the death of the quality, service, and reasonable prices that made them a legend.

Old 02-16-2010, 11:15 PM

267 posts, read 1,361,642 times
Quote:
If this is the case kinda surprised In-N-Out hasn't considered Grand Junction since they are west of the Rockies and I don't think that city is ( could be wrong ) any more in terms as miles as Salt Lake City is from LA.

But I do see the concern of a lower standard of quality if they would franchise. Its happened before. There are many folks in Wisconsin who I have been told over the years still talk about a certain former-local department store chain who was great when they were local only to have the quality of that chain to go "down" since they had expanded outside their home region. The chain in question?

Kohls !!!!

Old 02-16-2010, 11:53 PM

180 posts, read 378,771 times
Quote:
If that happens, it'll be the death of the quality, service, and reasonable prices that made them a legend.
I was just going to post the same thing. If they franchise, it's all over.

Old 02-17-2010, 12:01 AM

2,362 posts, read 2,998,658 times
Quote:
Wow, you sure know a lot about burgers. I wish to subscribe to your burger newsletter. Thanks!

Old 02-17-2010, 08:17 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,245,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkins Well View Post
Wow, you sure know a lot about burgers. I wish to subscribe to your burger newsletter. Thanks!
I thought they were specifically a SoCal icon and wouldn't go much outside that realm. I could care less...don't eat fast food or beef. Seriously, how much can you do with a bun and slab of ground beef?

Old 02-17-2010, 08:20 AM

6,821 posts, read 9,370,545 times
In-N-Out was never a huge thing for me when I lived in California. I don't hate it, but I don't consider it a "must have" either. I am, however, happy that the Denver area now has Jack In The Box!

Old 02-17-2010, 08:29 AM

11,833 posts, read 34,457,558 times
Try the rosemary fries at smashburger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver