Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2016, 05:28 PM

33 posts, read 68,740 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone!

So I've read a bunch of articles here about relocating to Denver and was still hoping to get some input. My wife (29) and I(31) are relocating to Denver June of 2017. We starting doing research into different areas to live back in Nov of last year when we took our first trip out to Denver. We LOVED downtown Cherry Creek area but rent prices seem to be through the roof there. I'm an air traffic controller and I'll be working in Aurora at the airport. Commute isn't a huge deal, we're already used to traffic and commuting coming in NY. Our budget is $2500 per month. Could go a couple hundred higher if it puts us in an area similar to DT Cherry Creek. If you all don't think that's enough for a nice 2+bed 2bath in Cherry Creek please advise of elsewhere. Would love to be able to walk to a few restaurants and bars nearby. The wife works part time so I was hoping to be in a nice, safe area with things for her to do to keep busy. What do you guys think about Talavera apartments? My buddy lives there and says for the price the location and amenities can't be beat. Btw we don't have any kids and we're not looking to buy for a few years. There's a possibility that my 14 yr old brother will come live with us so if the area happens to have excellent high schools that would be a big plus. Not a necessity though. Thanks guys in advance and let me know if I missed anything.

Go Broncos! Hope they can pull of this victory vs steel city!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2016, 06:13 PM

Sorry for the typos.. Posted from my cell phone ��

Old 01-17-2016, 07:15 PM

17,714 posts, read 29,853,881 times
The "airport" is located in the City & County of Denver. We stole the land from Adams County fair & square.
June of 2017 is too far away. Everything could change.
At your price point, everywhere is safe.
Most restaurants are west of University Blvd. (Check the Yelp)

Excellent high schools --> Stapleton.
Maybe East if he gets into the smart kids track.

Just spend the next year reading every post here.
After awhile, you will feel as if you live here.

Old 01-17-2016, 10:30 PM

Davebarnes thank you for the reply. Is it pretty common for the rental market to change so much in a year? I'm really excited to move out there, life in the NY metro area gets old very fast. What are your thoughts on living in Aurora?

Old 01-18-2016, 12:11 AM

286 posts, read 352,018 times
There are many posts comparing aurora. The gist of it is that it's cheaper than Denver, school districts depend on where in Aurora you live. There is much more ethnic diversity. The drive to the airport would be easier than from inside Denver.

What you're looking for in your post ("Would love to be able to walk to a few restaurants and bars nearby")is not so easy to find in Aurora, but there might be small pockets of that. It's much more suburb than some parts of Denver. That said, some parts of south and east denver are pretty suburban as well, at least compared to Cherry Creek.

Old 01-18-2016, 03:29 AM

1,322 posts, read 2,033,055 times
Moving to Denver | Relocating to Denver Colorado

Aurora Chamber of Commerce – Visitor/Relocation Services

Old 01-18-2016, 06:50 AM

2,289 posts, read 2,949,385 times
If you will be working at DIA, then I would recommend living near a rail station on the new rail line to the airport. Stapleton would be perfect.

Old 01-19-2016, 11:55 AM

@brown_dog_usa I'm actually going to be working at the radar facility but I don't think it's located in the actual airport. Is the new rail line open? That would be great if I could catch the rail line for work as well as downtown for leisure.. I'm assuming it does go downtown, right?

Old 01-19-2016, 12:31 PM

17,714 posts, read 29,853,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey P View Post
I'm actually going to be working at the radar facility
Are you working here?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denver...Control_Center

Old 01-19-2016, 04:13 PM

57 posts, read 99,445 times
Are you going to work at the Centennial Airport? If so, an idea is Old Town Littleton, Yes you will have a commute everyday to work, but from Old Town you can take the light rail to Downtown Denver for it's restaurants, music, night life, etc. No light rail yet in place direct from Littleton to the Centennial area. Good luck!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver