Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2008, 08:07 PM

5 posts, read 13,664 times

Advertisements

I am possibly looking at moving to Aurora this summer and wondering what all you Packer transplants think about living there. My sister is a Packer "nut" and has been living in Aurora for over 4 years and really likes it. I'm in my late 30's and single, but not the party type, so I am wondering how people from Wisconsin like it there long-term?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2008, 12:43 PM

39 posts, read 110,918 times
Okay, I'm a CO native, and I know you weren't asking me. But I've had a lot of the transplants from Michigan, Wisconsin, and nearby states say this one thing: they like our weather. Their main reason is that we still have the 4 seasons and snow, but the snow falls one day, and then melts the next day. They said that in their states it would tend to snow in Nov. and sit around and keep accumulating and stay cold until March. Today, for example, is a wonderful sunny day with no snow on the ground and it's in the 60s! It might snow next week.

I only am posting because I've heard that same thing a *lot* from the transplants from your area.

Old 02-22-2008, 06:31 PM

15 posts, read 61,384 times
Default Wisc

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisWI View Post
I am possibly looking at moving to Aurora this summer and wondering what all you Packer transplants think about living there. My sister is a Packer "nut" and has been living in Aurora for over 4 years and really likes it. I'm in my late 30's and single, but not the party type, so I am wondering how people from Wisconsin like it there long-term?
Not from Wisconsin, but Minnesota... moved here 3 years ago and LOVe it! The weather isn't nearly as harsh , nor brutal. Live in Aurora as well and we are a good fit. Like the Pack, Like the Vikes , also like the Bronco's! My folkes are from Wisc . bleeds green and gold, we agree to disagree, sometimes. Good-Luck

Old 02-22-2008, 06:40 PM

1,536 posts, read 6,090,216 times
My significant other is from Richland Center and says the same about the weather here and glad to be in a city without the drive to get to Madison for culture. My former boss moved to Richland Center from Houston because of the man she married and is just trying to accept it as that is a drastic change. It will be an easy adjustment with the weather and the people are friendly as they are in Milwalkee. Beer is also considered a precious item here, but I personally drink Bud instead of Coors. We like our sport teams as folks in Wisc. do and typical Denverites are content living without the glam of larger cities.

Old 02-23-2008, 06:06 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,786,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisWI View Post
Like others wrote, it is usually sunny and warm with an occasional period of of snow which can be sometimes severe. But even if it is severe the effects (piles of snow, icy roads) of it are greatly reduced or gone within a couple of days. It can be windy though. They don't have SAD in Colorado like they do in the midwest and east so if there was an interception in overtime, you'd recover a lot faster the next week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver