Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2016, 05:17 AM

5,118 posts, read 3,419,949 times

Advertisements

Centennial
Greenwood Village
SE Aurora

Though I like the look of some places in Douglas County, its school system is currently a negative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2016, 06:25 AM

556 posts, read 763,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorges View Post
Centennial
Greenwood Village
SE Aurora

Though I like the look of some places in Douglas County, its school system is currently a negative.
Douglas County should have that sorted out by next year.

Old 11-17-2016, 08:17 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
I wouldn't consider Boulder a suburb. I think of Louisville/Layfayette/Superior as suburbs of Boulder.

I do really like all the places you listed though.
A fair number of people in those places do work in Denver, including some on our board. Lots also work in Westminster, Broomfield, and various places in Jefferson County such as the Denver West office park. I do think the majority work in Boulder County, though.

Old 11-17-2016, 06:39 PM

371 posts, read 494,233 times
1) Westminster -- nice mixture of old and new, good access to downtown via the turnpike, Flatiron Flyer, and B-Line. Ran semi-competently.

2) Wheat Ridge -- it's getting gentrified, but it's still...honest...about what it is. Lots of older people, small dive bars, decent restaurants. Reasonably close to NW Denver and downtown. Cool older homes. Nice Rec center.

3) Welby -- Because I don't have a 3rd favorite and it also starts with W. It's a lot less expensive than most of the metro area. The Skyview campus for Mapleton schools is pretty nice. And the strip mall with the 7-11, the liquor store, the cigarette store, and the pawn shop also has a really good hole-in-the-wall Taqueria.

Actually scratch that...I'll go with Englewood. It has a lot of old charm and character, and has enough Denver influence that there's things to do.

Most of them are either kinda' weird (Arvada -- 1/3 mega yuppies, 1/3 holy rollers, 1/3 people-so-white-trash-they-make-Honey-Boo-Boo's-family-look-cultured-and-sophisticated. Lone Tree - Boulder as reimagined by the George W. Bush administration.), kinda' run down (Federal Heights, Commerce City, Northglenn), or the definition of bland and boring (Thornton, Littleton, Highlands Ranch).

Old 11-17-2016, 10:20 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,944,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmet View Post
, 1/3 people-so-white-trash-they-make-Honey-Boo-Boo's-family-look-cultured-and-sophisticated.
I agree, and it surprised me because I hadn't expected it prior to moving over here.

Old 11-18-2016, 07:22 AM

19,807 posts, read 9,367,244 times
1. Littleton
2. Wheat Ridge
3. Centennial

Old 11-18-2016, 08:47 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,620,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyatwork37 View Post
Douglas County should have that sorted out by next year.
I hope so because it has gotten worse over the last month.

Old 11-18-2016, 09:17 AM

1,260 posts, read 1,103,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
I agree, and it surprised me because I hadn't expected it prior to moving over here.
Interesting, I've always viewed Arvada as underrated, but then I'm referring to the west side.

It's always felt to me that Wadsworth/287 is a real line of demarcation, from Arvada all the way up to Longmont.

Old 11-18-2016, 09:19 AM

8,606 posts, read 14,894,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsd079 View Post
It doesn't matter where they are located in the metroplex, what are your 3 favorite Denver suburbs?
Your inner DFW is showing ;-)

1) Aurora. I'm biased. It's where I live. Not nearly as scary or ghetto as its reputation. Some rough areas, and some really nice areas. Southeast Aurora has some of the best mountain views of any place in the Denver metro area.

2) Golden. If I could afford to live here and not drive myself bats&^t crazy commuting into downtown I'd do it.

3) Roxborough Park. Ridiculously expensive, a bit far out, right on a golf course, next door to Roxborough State Park.

Old 11-18-2016, 09:41 AM

977 posts, read 1,328,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hschlick84 View Post
1. Castle Rock
2. Olde Town Arvada
3. North Thornton
Don't understand Castle Rock. 20 years ago? For sure it was a great little town. Now it's just a sprawling suburb of the DTC that's boring, unimaginative, and plain. Though it's downtown has the potential to make it a special place again.

For me:

Golden
Arvada
Englewood
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver